The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Handheld Collection
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasontgarrett
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: My Handheld Collection Reply with quote

Amazing the display space you free up after you relocate those bulky ones. (Looking at you, Zaxxon, Zig Zag Monster, Stargate, Fitter.)

https://goo.gl/photos/eyMSGX1AdtLvKH9A8

My 3 “originals” (owned since they first hit my hot little hands as a kid) are the Entex Space Invaders, Mattel Football, and Parker Brothers Merlin.

Biggest surprise to me over the years has been how crazy fun and replayable the FL Bandai Burgertime is.

Last edited by jasontgarrett on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:27 am; edited 8 times in total
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvelous!! The bookcases are very beautiful and your collection even more.

Watch out to the dust... Laughing Wink
lordsardonyx
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your collection is amazing. I stared at the pics for a long time, haha!
I've always preferred the big ol flourescent display games, too. The shapes and colorful cases are just fun all around. I have only a fraction of those games, but I tend to keep only the ones I really love to play. What is the blue case game next to the Defender and Soccer?
I need to get ahold of some of those Burgertime and Dracula machines. They look awesome. Thanks for sharing!
jasontgarrett
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jethro: Thanks for the kind words! Enjoyed your pics as well!

lordsardonyx: You’re too kind. It’s the Gakken Space Invader, which I like almost exclusively because of the case. The game itself is, y’know, one of a bazillion Space Invader clones, but it gives good case.

Last edited by jasontgarrett on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a Bambino Race N Chase in the last pic, you should go after the other Bambino games... They have some of the coolest case designs, they'd look good on the next shelf! Cool

Want that orange Tut... Never managed to get one of those (I have the white Bandai version though).
jasontgarrett
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik:

The fact that anything in my collection turns your head is a pleasure. Smile

The Bambino Race N Chase is a hoot. Always reminds me of Spy Hunter. I've got the Bambino Master Blaster in there somewhere, too. Recently sold my Safari, Boxing, and Space Laser Fight but held on to RnC and MB for the very reason you describe -- giving good case.

j

Last edited by jasontgarrett on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever seen the orange on in person, but I assumed they were the same on the inside... If you can, post some pictures of the game in play, especially with the bricks you are talking about... (It's been a long time since I played that one, and I think I sent it for display at the National Videogame Museum, so I have to get another one to play with anyway... Smile )

Also, if you are comfortable opening them, I'd love to know the numbers of the CPU chip (or a photo of it), just to confirm the game is exactly the same as the Bandai version. If it's different at all, I'll need to get one to dump the ROM for emulation...

Rik
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! All at hand to play.... Need that some day too.

Is it right that you have to download the zip with photo's in order to watch it?
Hate that Google attitude: if you don't use our latest Chrome we're going to serve you a crappy website experience.

In terms of playability, Amidar and Crazy Kong are top favourites too. And don't forget Astro Thunder F-7: for me the best of the best in VFD land. Super fun game too.

Serious omission: where is the First (1979), The one and only, The king of of all VFD cosmos, The godfather? I mean, there must be a UFO MASTER BLASTER STATION. The name alone is worth it.

Yealous at your Toutankham find! I miss that one, even though I think it kind of ruins the look of the series.
jasontgarrett
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanka: I do like Astro Thunder, and Crazy Kong was a fun surprise to me in terms of game play because it also re-creates the "elevator" levels.

You'll find Master Blaster in my pics -- it was one of the first games I picked up as a collector because I had played it at a friend's house as a kid and *had* to have it.

Last edited by jasontgarrett on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:

In terms of playability, Amidar and Crazy Kong are top favourites too. ...

Very nice Amidar, I like it too...
But too bad that the Game A has a pattern that allows you to finish it without problems. Game B is better and does not have this problem.

My video to show this, here: https://youtu.be/i3BfEr0ja0k

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
Is it right that you have to download the zip with photo's in order to watch it?
Hate that Google attitude: if you don't use our latest Chrome we're going to serve you a crappy website experience.

I can view them okay in Firefox... Do you mean to just see the pictures at all? I Just a big page of images I can click on (not logged into anything Google either).

blanka wrote:
Jealous at your Toutankham find! I miss that one, even though I think it kind of ruins the look of the series.

Well, you can always get the Bandai version, that matches all the other ones... Never was quite sure why this orange on got made in the first place... Smile Unless they were just determined to make theirs look really different than Bandai's.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
I can view them okay in Firefox... Do you mean to just see the pictures at all? I Just a big page of images I can click on (not logged into anything Google either).

Blank page with a download button. I have to say I'm stubborn and kept the pre-australis UI update where they have the netcape/mozilla/firefox looks and not the Chrome-looks. Usually that only means an occasional warning on outdated browser (outlook, g-maps), not problems in the working. Need to search for a nice fork someday that has the modern engine in a clunky tab-and-button fest.
jasontgarrett
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravity is quickly becoming one of my overall faves. The simplicity and sleekness reminds me of a toyfair game prototype – down to literally having no printing on the casing, like “Game 1” or “Power” or anything. Its power switch is “hidden” on the back, and even how the game responds when it’s turned on – with an endless bounce of the “balls” sort of taunting you to press a button – is like something from an 80s movie about video games. And the size – it is so tiny and compact! It would easily have been overlooked among shelves of bigger, louder, shinier games of its era.

Last edited by jasontgarrett on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the Gravity. And Bombman, such great games.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I first got Gravity... I was expecting something the size of a Coleco Pac-Man or something, I had no idea it was so small! You never really get a sense of scale of these in eBay or website pictures... I've been shocked at the small size of several of them over the years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: