The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you really want?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: What do you really want? Reply with quote

Can we get a discussion on the type of games people really want? You don't have to mention specific games (I know some people like to keep that top secret) Very Happy

I want to make a couple trade offers, but I don't know who collects what.

For instance I'm in this phase where I want all and any sports games (Mattel football shape or head to head kind ) that I don't already have. I prefer boxed, but would consider any. This is where I started and remains my true love.

1st love -Hand held sports games
2nd love -Tiger tabletops (I have most of these already)
3rd love - Boxed Actronics games with joysticks (I have a lot of these)

Regards,
Linda
jasontgarrett
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question, Linda!

The hardest part for me has been figuring out what it is that jazzes me. It’s kind of a “Christmas morning wow” factor. Sometimes that’s the case or box, sometimes that’s the game itself, sometimes it’s having seen it in a catalog when I was 7 and just being thrilled to have it in my hands.

The few that remain on my list to get over time are a perfect reflection of the randomness for me. I like some for the case, others because the game looks like it’d be fun, and others just for the “Christmas morning wow” factor.

j

My collection: https://goo.gl/photos/eyMSGX1AdtLvKH9A8

Last edited by jasontgarrett on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:45 am; edited 3 times in total
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big love is VFD games, cause they have the magic screen, impossible to capture in emulation, harder than B&W LCD.

For me the best games are the ones that excel in all fields: display, sound, case, gameplay.
Good thing is that the combination usually means easy to get:
My top 10:
- Epoch Astro Thunder 7
- Bandai Burger Time
- Gakken Amidar
- Bandai Zaxxon
- Lansay Crazy Kong
- Gakken Frogger
- Entex Super Cobra
- Entex Galaxian II
- Bandai Frisky Tom
- Gakken Puck Monster

Guess what? This list is pretty easy to obtain (maybe except the Burger Time). Because the games are great they sold by the buckload, and because they are VFD games they are sturdy as a block of granite.

Wishes:
I think Frog Prince is cute, although it is shitty built (I did a heart transplant from a Gundam brick for another fan).
I would like to have a mintish boxed Puck Monster and Super Cobra.
I would like to have a nice white Panorama Donkey Kong although they are crazy expensive.
I could use a Ludotronic Operation Z (I have the other 2 models: Caries en Danger and Raid Cosmique)
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first one i really wanted was the Coleco Alien Attack, probably because my dad had destroyed it, thinking I would have better grades Laughing

But then it was the LED games that caught my eye, all the ones i was dreaming about as a kid !

I do have a lot of them now, and i have a special place for all those rare ones that not a lot really care about. ex: The Game Machine, the obscure copies like Toytronic, Dynamic toys etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games wanted All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: