The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where to find model numbers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Singer
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Where to find model numbers? Reply with quote

I admit I have a large number of Tiger games in my collection. I'm always trying to track down manuals so that I can figure out how to play. Some of them are not intuitive!

Now I have probably a dozen websites bookmarked that all have a handful of their game manuals. The problem is they are often not listed by title, but by model number. Is there any way to find out the model number of the game if you don't have the manual or box? Is it maybe printed inside the game chassis somewhere? The text on the back of the game usually only has copyright info and battery details.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Tiger was ever very good at putting the model numbers on the games themselves... And they made sooooo many games. Mr. Green

Hasbro owns it all now, so definitely search there too:
http://corporate.hasbro.com/en-us/consumer-care/toy-game-instructions

It's kind of hit or miss, but they do have quite a few of the 'white' games.

I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised there isn't some massive list of all of Tiger's games with model numbers out there somewhere... I never really collected them past 84 or so, so I haven't compiled a huge list of the later games (the 'white' ones and so on), although many of them are in the FAQ from the previous owner...

As these games do seem to be popular with a lot of collectors, maybe we should work on a definitive 'master list'. Mr. Green
Singer
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been building my collection for the last couple of years. I do have a large number of Tiger games simply because they are affordable and I have a small budget to work with. If you're buying game lots online, you can usually get working games at around $3 apiece. So that's most of the attraction. A lot of the games are bad, but there are a few decent ones in there.

I have also been trying to find manuals because many of them are near unplayable without a manual because you simply don't know what to do. I have probably a dozen manual sites bookmarked, but they are hard to search and only scratch the surface.

I have looked for something like a master list of Tiger games. The Hasbro site isn't even close. They maybe have 10% of the games I've searched for. I saw one website claiming to be the master list of every Tiger ever released and it only had like 200 titles. Handheld Empire has about 250 and most of them on that guy's "master list" weren't on there. Every time I search eBay I find new Tiger games I've never seen anywhere else. I would not be surprised to find they had upwards of 5000 titles. I think trying to put together a master list of Tiger would be akin to assembling a puzzle when you don't know how many pieces it has or what the final picture is supposed to look like.

The same could be said for Micro Games, Radica, Excalibur, any of the other LCD manufacturers. I've got many games from each and very few manuals.

I guess I also can't make the mental hurdle of purchasing a manual on eBay for 10 bucks for a game I got for 2.
Tartfox
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya, Singer. I have the 'Ghostbusters 2' handheld from Micro Games and I can't figure out how to defeat the main villain (Vigo). It doesn't seem obvious and I don't have a manual to explain what to do. Confused

I also have the Tiger 'Ready 2 Rumble' game but without the manual I'm not sure how to do the special moves. Sigh. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: