The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gakken Dig Dug original batteries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mndn
Microvision

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Gakken Dig Dug original batteries? Reply with quote

Hello Collectors,
I finally got the last of the Gakken flip top TTs I was missing, Dig Dug (Japan) has arrived! To my surprise this box included the 4 original(?) batteries.

Does anyone know, are these the originals that came shipped with the unit? And, if so, should I get rid of them or keep them for collector's sake to have it more complete? These Batteries do leak, they are in horrible condition..
If you also collect, what do you think? See pictures.

Smile
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had several of these throughout the years (all three of the flip tops), and several that were clearly new old stock... But I've never gotten one with batteries in it (although I know there is a space for batteries in the styrofoam).

I'm not sure if they were ever actually shipped from Gakken with batteries, or if it just gave retailers the option to include some in the box... (Or most people removed them years ago)

But either way, I'd just throw them out. They don't add any value to the game, and are more of a problem than they are worth due to the leaking and toxic nature of them...
mndn
Microvision

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik, thanks. So it is not clear whether these are the originals that came from Gakken...?! Yes, these were in their place in the styrofam part.

I guess I will throw them out, really no use for them anymore. Definitely removed them from the box the moment I got this and couldn't keep them in there anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: