The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The SCRAMBLE Confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: The SCRAMBLE Confusion Reply with quote

Having recently played through Radio Shack's Astro Command. I did a little digging on this site and found that it's also called Scramble by Grandstand.

Looking up Scramble by Tomy, it's completely a different game.

Then you have Cosmic Scramble by CGL, that is different as well and looks similar to Super Cobra.

Things are getting scrambled up here.

Well, I wasn't too impressed with Astro Command, you can read my write up in the high score section.

I'm wondering if Scramble by Tomy suffers the same gameplay issue of not being able to move smoothly while firing... Anyone know?
NE146
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you mean fully.. but I never had problems moving and shooting in Tomy Scramble at all. Granted, it's a VFD game so the definition of "smoothly" can probably be debated. :p

Oh and don't forget.. Grandstand has their "Pocket" LCD Scramble as well. Smile
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I probably didn't describe it so well in my write up over in the high score section... But basically, Astro Command doesn't let you move and shoot simultaneously. There is a time delay between when the two actions can be performed. When you play, you'll definitely understand what I'm talking about, especially on the fastest speed.

So if Tomy Scramble, which is a different game, allows for simultaneous movement and shooting. I think I will pick it up and give it a go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: