The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BMX Flyer questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobmoo79
Microvision

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After dismantling the game again to record the fluorescent tube high voltage I discovered that my DVM reports it as "over range" - my DVM only goes to 600v. Shame because I have no way of finding out what tube I would need to replace it without a reading.

Anyway. I finished cleaning it all up inside and out and I noticed that with the power switch, if there isn't good contact, the tube can be very dim, so for anybody suffering a dim backlight, it's definitely worth cleaning the power contacts with isoprop alcohol, and that goes for the battery contacts too!

After cleaning I put it all back together it seems a bit better than it was before but sadly I don't have another unit to compare it to, but it seems ok to me. Not bad enough to warrant any more effort finding the tube spec, nor replacing with an LCD backlight panel. I think with the condition it is in currently there is some merit in leaving it original.

Ambient lighting is bound to make a difference to the visibility and I haven't actually tried this outside in the daylight yet - I typically work in my garage with no windows and a warm white LCD lamp.

Smile

Slight deviation from topic!
Blanka, while I (hopefully) have your attention, have you got the Astro Wars schematic? (you said you might). I was never able to determine the spec for S06 diode. Can you help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: