The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bandai FL Crazy Climbing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Cool
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I put a ton of hours in. I was trying out my 2 strats. I think they are the way to go especially deep into the game.

If you're early on and get stuck, I was finding it more useful to just restart.

And when you are climbing for the 3rd or 4th building you can use the 1 strat when you get closed windows all around you by getting hit about 5 times to get knocked down, which resets the board so you can go up.

I also noticed that you can cancel out windows closing as well as flower pots falling with the double joystick down. When you are moving up fast and see stuff coming at you, slam the two down and they disappear. Not sure how or why it happens, but it does.

So I got close to your high score twice. And my last run of the night... I got super lucky. I beat it by a tad. I had my camera ready so I got the two pics quickly. I wish I could have gotten a more significant point increase, but for now, it's all I can do and pretty happy.

This is a very fun game, especially when you can overcome being trapped by windows. I hope you can beat my high score. I want to give Zachman a go now!

So I turned the game over 19900 + 11800

My high score is: 31,700

billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: CLIMBING! Reply with quote

I tried your tricks but they only worked for me a few times. I had to keep going and going until I finally got it!
I found time to snap the first score as well....

19,900 + 15,700 = 35,600

TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I played this non-stop over the past few days. It seems that you need a fair amount of luck to get to the high score area. I got close to your score several times, but just not good enough. I got an extremely lucky run in. Almost unbelievable as my heart was pumping with nostalgic joy.

After playing so much and trying out different strategies...

I believe that difficulty is linked to the score. The higher it gets to the 19,900, the higher the difficulty becomes. Before I thought the difficulty was with how many times you reached the top. I would like to confirm this, but I did notice that.

I flipped it twice and nothing unusual happened. It just went back to zero. At the end it blinked my final score and just one previous 19,900.

I flipped it twice: 19,900 + 19,900 + 3,700

My high score is :43,500

billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: UH..... Reply with quote

Shocked

You're a mad man.
I never thought I would meet someone more stubborn than me.
I've been at this for a while now but I'm having an issue. The joysticks on my old game are only working about 75% of the time. I may have to open this thing up and take a look at them. (I have added bits of rubber or plastic to games in the past to make the connections work better.)
I'll have to give it some more thought and get back to you!! Confused
Nice work by the way!
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Yeah, I'm a bit crazy. Hehe.

So one thing I did, because my sticks weren't exactly being recognized is opening it up.

I did Blanka's suggestion but a little different. I got isopropyl alcohol and used a q tip to put drops under the plastic to get to the contacts and rubber. I used air spray to make sure it got under. After that, I rubbed the rubber by pressing and going in circles, to help clean the contacts and rubber under the plastic.

It worked for me. Rik has a slightly more difficult suggestion that will definitely work better. I just didn't have the time to do it.

I also noticed that as the game gets more difficult, your movements can get eaten by the amount on the screen, almost like the sprites are overloading and taking away your button presses.

The only way to counter is to get going faster so you can wipe them out first and not form on screen.

Not sure if I'm explaining that well.
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tokyobatman,
you are a genius. i saw the rubber matting you had under your game and i got a sheet myself. playing this way (so the game doesn't move) has improved my playing by 20% or so.

i flipped crazy climber twice and after that my remaining score was 12,000

so 19,900 + 19,900 + 12,000 =
Final Score = 51,800

TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another of the 7 I'm posting today.

Thank you for the comment on the rubber mat. It definitely does help with games that don't have rubber feet. I'm glad that you are upping your game.

This was a tough one for me to break. This was an up and down final score that got my heart racing.

Basically, I flipped it twice. I was on my last life and I got to 14,000 points. And I was like, cool, I beat the top score and wanted to keep going to see how far I got.

I suddenly got blocked in by windows. And the birds were hitting me with rocks and I was getting hit with flower pots. My score started to go down. And I contemplated dying at 12,600. But figured it wasn't in the spirit, taking a purposeful death.

I kept going, and soon my score was down to 10,000, below your high. One minute up and the next minute down.

By sheer luck, a window opened ahead of me, which allowed me to reach the top. I got to the next screen and got to 17,800 before a window snapped my fingers off.

That was a roller coaster ride.

My high score is 19,900 + 19,900 + 17800 = 57,600

billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is an AWESOME SCORE.
this may be the hardest game for me.
i had to play hundreds of games, re-starting a million times until i beat your last score. the joysticks really take a beating and when you are surrounded by closed windows, the lack of game play while you wait is MADDENING.
kudos chum.
-billy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: