The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CGL Earth Invaders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Game Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: CGL Earth Invaders Reply with quote

CGL Earth Invaders - 1982 (VFD)

This game is very hard and the general idea is pretty crazy.

Aliens have invaded Earth. You're a soldier, like Rambo, and you plan to take them all down by yourself. Unlike Rambo, you have a shovel instead of machine gun.

That's right, the soldier with a shovel. Your plan, dig a hole and hope an alien falls into it. After that fill in the hole with dirt and bye bye alien.

It's a pretty wild idea and the gameplay is hard to execute. So you have a dig and bury button. You need to hold the dig button for a few seconds to complete a hole.

If you are able to dig a hole, because aliens are running around crazy and will take you out in a second... You then need to fill that hole with dirt by pressing the bury button. This will wipe out the alien that fell in. It takes a few seconds to fill in the hole. You'll need to hold down the bury button.

If another alien comes around and touches the hole you're trying to fill in, it will release the alien. All of which results in your immediate death.

The first screen is manageable with only 3 aliens on it.

The second screen increases to 5 and the third screen is nearly impossible to beat with 7 aliens.

This is more a handheld than tabletop. It fits well into larger hands. It's very comfortable to hold and easy to play. A bit on the heavy side with the 4 C batteries though.

I actually had a good amount of fun with this. I lean towards harder games I guess. It has a cool form factor and nice grip.

There is a different version of this called Coleco Alien Attack. It's the better game. You have a weapon that fires these circular laser shots at the aliens.

I wouldn't recommend this game unless you want to torture yourself.

Ratings:(1-10) - Difficulty:(Easy, Average, Hard)

Graphics: 6
Sound: 5
Gameplay: 5
Difficulty: Hard to Very Hard

Overall: 5.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Game Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: