The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ENTEX Crazy Climber repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mndn
Microvision

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: ENTEX Crazy Climber repair Reply with quote

I have recently bought an ENTEX Crazy Climber, finally Smile

The controls do not work too well (well, the controls are weird anyway, so will double check). I wonder if I should go ahead and open / clean it. Or is not worth it?
What do you think? And how do I open this thing?

---mndn
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first issue is opening it:
Aside from the obvious screws, there's two screws under the Crazy Climber marquee (sticker on the front with the name on it), so you have to carefully peel that sticker off to open the game. It's actually plastic, so it's not hard to remove without damage, the tricky part is getting it started as there's very little room for a tool or fingernail to get under it...

Second issue is the problem- If I had to guess, it's likely the little rubber things the joysticks press on are either broken, or drying out and falling apart... The only way to fix those is to replace them. Finding an exact replacement will be hard (you'd have to pull them out of another Entex game with the same rubber button assembly), but you can probably make something work with new ones if you get the right size...
Cleaning under these contacts might help too, that might be all that is necessary.

It's always worth taking a look... Just be careful with that sticker so you don't mess it up. Don't peel it at too much of an angle, just gently keep lifting it free once it starts coming off...
mndn
Microvision

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rik!

I will get to it when the week-end comes and see what I can do..
I only have on spare entex PACMAN2 which is not working. Maybe I can use the rubber pads from that unit?

Best, mndn
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those might work... Maybe not a perfect fit, but with a little trimming they will probably be the right size...

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: