The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coleco Pac Man
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Coleco Pac Man Reply with quote

Just scored 4560! Beat that! Mr. Green Mr. Green

(Okay, I'll try a little harder later...)
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Coleco Pac Man Score & Review Reply with quote

Hi all. Here is my score. 5740 on skill 2. (click photo to Enlarge) This took quite a long while to beat rik's score. the ghosts are unpredictable.

Also, Here is my youtube review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfG8I-qNo2U
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, now I have to start playing it again... Cool
ShadowFlame76
Coleco Pac Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my PacMan high score on skill level 2:

billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: special thanks to shadowflame Reply with quote

another special thank you goes out to shadowflame.
this was a tough score to beat.
skill 2 / 55,900 / billytherobot
(click photo to enlarge)

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, how long does it take you guys to get these scores? Shocked
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it takes a long time...basically, instead of watching tv or un-winding after a long day at work, i have to jump right on a game if i want to beat a high score. it can be stressful too, q bert was the worst. shadowflame gave me quite a challenge on that one. i wasn't sure if i could catch him. one morning i woke up early from a dead sleep and started playing before i was even fully awake. God bless my wife. She's the best. I took her out shopping last night to make up for this weekend. Surprised
serge1
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my score for the coleco pac man. It took me around 1 hour to get there on level 2. I don't know why but it seems easyer for me to play on level 2. I am awaiting new challenge! Smile

By serge12345 at 2011-11-19
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: whaaaattttt???!?!?!?! Reply with quote

ok. that's a crazy score. i refuse to back down from a challenge, so i will return! i can see the exhausted hand in the left of your picture taking a break. GREAT SCORE!!!!!!!!!......billy
serge1
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

Exhausted and wet!! Smile
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: whew!! Reply with quote

ok, so i beat my old score but i am no where near yours yet. i have developed a pattern that works fairly well. the problem is it doesn't work the same on all coleco pacman games. my friend has one and the ghosts seem to move a little differently on both. you haven't heard the last of me!!!!!......billy
serge1
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Hi Billy,

I am glad to see you are working hard to beat my score. I am sure that wil come eventually but I hope not to soon... My hands still need some rest Yessss!
billytherobot
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: 148,230 + INFINITY??? Reply with quote

please click on my youtube link below to see me flip 100,000 on skill level 2.
with fresh batteries, i believe i could keep going with this pattern i am using.
what is everyone's opinion? if a pattern is working on a particular handheld
game, it is still within proper rules for playing, is it not? what do you think, rik? i really want to hear feedback from people on this issue. thanks for watching!!....billy (148,230 on skill level 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4cHfY1Qrnw
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Meant to say 'C' batteries..." Laughing Laughing

Interesting that the patterns don't work on every model... I wonder what's different about them... Did the code actually change, or could it just be a slightly different resistance or something on a circuit that just makes the ghosts move a little faster/slower from unit to unit... I have 4 or 5 Pac-Mans around somewhere (had a head-to-head competition once with 5 or 6 players, so I had to stock up... Smile ), I'll have to try them out. I know there's several circuit board variations, but I wouldn't have thought the game play would be that affected. If you have both machines, just turn them both on, start the game and don't touch anything... See what the ghosts do. I've be curious if they are fairly programmed into a pattern, or if they appear completely random at all...

Do you have a different pattern for your machine, or is it all luck on that one? Does this pattern not work at all on your game, or just not all the time?

As for using the patterns, if it works, it works... As long as you aren't hacking the game or something it's technically 'legal'... They do the same thing on the arcade games, there's a couple of different patterns for the arcade Pac-Man that can be used to get through all 255 levels... If we were going to do official record-keeping, we'd probably have to arrange for the high score to always be achieved on the same machine (or if there's a way to prove two (or more) are identical...) We could always open the games and compare chip and circuit board numbers, but these games are kind of annoying to open (you have to peel back the corners of the sticker around the joysticks). I bet if the board numbers match, and they were made around the same time, they'd probably play the same...

We could require people to use batteries only and see how high you can get before they run out. Cool
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Super Puck Monster 100% the same? Guess the red foil missing is not affecting game play or does it Wink ? I have that one, not Coleco's.
Or is the original Coleco game limited by the batteries? The Gakken has a power plug socket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: