The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tomy Bombman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Tomy Bombman Reply with quote

This is a unique vfd game. It fits in your hands, which adds a different play style to tabletops. It also doesn't fit into the common genres.

It's a challenging game for sure, but the fun keeps you coming back for a higher score.

If you can use the fire hydrant at the right time to wipe out several ticking bombs... The score adds up nicely. If you can take out dynaman, it really goes up.

There is a risk, reward element to this one. Playing it safe adds up your score slowly, but less chance of losing lives. Letting the screen fill up with bombs and dynaman to take out multiple on one go, will get you a lot of points, but you will surely be playing with death. Forming a strategy that works for you, will be key. Definitely a game that has a lot of replayability.

The graphics are bright and fun. It's a bit on the loud side with the beeps. It has a sound on/off though. Worth a look if you happen across one!

I got a pretty fantastic run in. My high score is: 37,550

blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made a video on it, but I will rerelease it soon. Will take some time to explain the different strategies for the game play after reading this!
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That's great news! I really enjoy your videos! And looking forward to your book too!

I'd say this is a hidden gem. It's a very fun and addicting game.
OTTOgd
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Another cool review of a game that isn't very available in Canada, darnit.

But awesome that you're sharing.
TokyoBatman
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hunt always keeps you going Smile Imagine how excited you will be if you happen across one of these at an estate sale, garage sale, flea market. It's almost as good of a feeling as playing it.

I recently got lucky at a flea market in Tokyo and got boxed complete Bandai FL The Block and Bandai FL Beam Galaxian. Seeing them in the wild was awesome. And getting them both for $30 was a cherry on top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> High Scores All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: