The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The BEST buy it now bidder I've ever seen!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: The BEST buy it now bidder I've ever seen! Reply with quote

And the award goes to Bayniac!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280003100495

While everyone was fighting to pay $300 for a boxed Kenner Redline, he bought one for $100 and got 7 other boxed games and 3 loose ones.

AND

he found the ever elusive Drac Pinball that Rik had listed as a possible prototype.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150003162478

This guy is good. Anyone know if he's married? I think his collection would great in my game room. Smile

Almost forgot to mention he also won a adventurevision with the space invaders cart for $65 dollars. That was a while ago, but I remember it had been listed as an Entex Space invaders handheld. No mention of Adventurevison at all. You can't beat that buy it now.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I noticed he got a Drac pinball... Guess that proves it's NOT just a prototype...

Bayniac: Send me pics of that when you get it, I'll update the website. (and see if it looks any different than the 'proto' pics I have on my site...)

Rik
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, shucks, Linda. Embarassed

But you linked the wrong game lot with the Redline, it's this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280006081896

It's been a good week! I also grabbed a Saitek Backgammon that regularly goes for $250-$300:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200006897057

And I am still pinching myself over the Drac, not only for finding it at all, but with a box! For ten bucks! And it sat unclaimed for almost 2 weeks before I found it! Yessss! Along with my boxed Entex Black Knight, I guess this will make me the undisputed king of handheld pinball games! (Don't worry Rik, I'll get you some good pics, and I am actually making headway on my basement so I should be able to unearth the BK for some better pics soon too!)

Maybe my biorhythm is on a big peak lately - I also won, at a live auction last Saturday, this same chess set for $50! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110007345652
Although his asking price is a ridiculisting unto itself, $300-$400 would be more like it...

Actually, my Adventurevision's ad just said Entex Defender, and it has button problems, but it was still a good deal.

And let's not forget my boxed Snoopy G&W Tabletop for $25! Mr. Green

And I am married, although my wife does not share my infatuation with handhelds, so I'll let you know if things don't last! Wink Laughing
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
And let's not forget my boxed Snoopy G&W Tabletop for $25! Mr. Green

No, let's just forget that one... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

What's wrong with the AV? I finally completely disassembled one of mine and photographed the whole experience. I was thinking of making a page like the Coleco tear-down for the AV. It probably scares people, so I figured a photo-guide might make them a little more comfortable opening it up (or confirming their fears, one or the other... Cool )

Rik
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I had no idea that was you. You are truly the King of the Buy It Now.
I've just added two more large bookcases to my gameroom. Still reorganizing the shelves, but I left room in my "Entex Section" for your black Knight pinball. Get those games out the basement!

[img][/img]

And uhh... let me know if that other thing doesn't work out for you. Wink

Linda
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Linda, looks really nice! And I see the BK space in there, it would look good there!

Guess My BIN streak is continuing, just grabbed the only Mattel LED game I was missing, Hot Wheels Drag Race:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170007995523

I forget what this usually brings, it's been so long since I've seen one, but 20 bucks can't be bad. I am just glad to finally be getting one!
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about Saitek... i didn't know that this game is so expensive.
Does anyone know about this Saitek... is it from the 80's and is it rare or expensive?

[IMG][IMG]
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Guess My BIN streak is continuing, just grabbed the only Mattel LED game I was missing, Hot Wheels Drag Race:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170007995523

I forget what this usually brings, it's been so long since I've seen one, but 20 bucks can't be bad. I am just glad to finally be getting one!

I haven't seen one sell for a long time... Last one I saw sold for $90, so I'd guess $75-100 for a loose one in good condition. Never seen a boxed one sell... (Taki is the only person I know with a boxed one... unless someone here want's to prove me wrong? Mr. Green )

I'm still not 100% sure how these were sold... Either in stores like normal, or they may have been a mail-away item for buying a certain number of Hot Wheels...

Rik
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got the Drac. Cool It works, despite this seller leaving it flopping around loose inside the box. Good thing, too, insurance is useless when the item is not packed well, and it was worth way more than the insured value anyway. However, it seems to have some ball sensing problems. Probably just oxidation keeping the ball from completing the circuit between the contacts. Not surprising, even the modern game Ballzerko with its gold-plated ball and contacts develops this problem... When I have time I'll try to open it up and clean things to see if it helps, and post a good description of the game and some pics. It also had the instructions! Yessss!

Oh, Rik, I forgot to answer your question about the AV. The mirror spins but not every time I turn it on, and the buttons are unresponsive. I'm guessing probably from cigarette smoke...
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Oh, Rik, I forgot to answer your question about the AV. The mirror spins but not every time I turn it on, and the buttons are unresponsive. I'm guessing probably from cigarette smoke...

Could be rotting rubber causing both problems. The rubber pads under the buttons deteriorate and stop working. The mirror is spun with a 'rubber band' around two pulleys, it might be loosing it's strength. (Or the motor itself could be getting weak...)

Rik
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and nothing rots rubber faster than ciggy smoke! When I look at used speakers at Goodwill it's easy to see which are from smoking households: those that the foam around the cone is falling apart!

Edit (rather than adding yet another post):

(SLAPS FOREHEAD) How could I forget? Guess it's not too late to remind everyone that my pride and joy boxed Entex Black Knight was also a Buy It Now!
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, so your the infamous 'Bayniac!' !!!

It's strange; I've seen 'Bayniac!' numerous times on Ebay and built up a mental picture of 'him', I also have a mental picture of Dan after reading his posts on the Forum. The thing is.....they are nothing alike! I wonder which is closer to reality???

Neil.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm a riddle wrapped in an enigma, smothered in Secret Sauce! Laughing
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice collection Linda! You'll have to open a Museum sometime soon....lol Yessss!
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Goldie. I only have a few more games I really want. Yeah!!
Not interested in a Museum, we have Rik for that. Smile

I go to Japan again next month for work, and this time I plan to pick up more games than usual if the price is right. Should fill up the rest of those book cases.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: