The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bandai FL-Zaxxon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just cleaning my Bandai Zaxxon, and thought, lets search the forum for Zaxxon topics. I did not realise I got such a nice one from Ebay. It is alsmost untouched, with booklet, bag, poly and awesome box. Only thing that bugged me were the loose switches, but now I opened it, and they were inserted upside down, so the 2-position clamp was not touching anything! Some Japanese must have been sleeping during assembly. It was 65 euro.
The one I got before this, was a loose one, slightly greyed, but still very good looking. It is my play game. Found that one on a webshop for 19,95!

I am really surprised by the love for the looks of the Coleco. I think the Bandai looks so much cooler! Its really beauty and the beast when put next to eachother. The fine detailing, the nice 2 blue colours, the orange, the space graphics behind the fresnel glass.... Just awesome!
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another one showing up in France:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/LOT-DE-JEUx-ELECTRONIQUES-/110809787249
It says for repair/parts, but it is still nice blue, and VFD's never die.... Unless the tube is broken, there is always a fix.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blanka wrote:
It says for repair/parts, but it is still nice blue, and VFD's never die.... Unless the tube is broken, there is always a fix.

Actually, that's not true... VFD do burn out. The phosphors in them will start getting weaker and weaker and will eventually stop showing up at all when turned on...

Granted, this takes quite a long time, and since most handheld games aren't left on all day, it's unlikely to be a problem with them, but just wanted to mention that... Cool

If it's not working it's probably got corroded battery contacts, or someone plugged in the wrong kind of power and killed it (although this is usually reversible by replacing a few transistors...)

Only ships to Fance... Anyone want to send them to me? Cool
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time, I get them to ship to the NL if they say they only ship to France. But that requires some French writing Embarassed
Have you got any VFD burnt out? I was wondering how long that takes. The one in my CD player is on several hours a day for almost 20 years now, and it does not seem faded at all.

I just asked if he/she will ship to here.
Shipping up to 2 kg to the US is 17.10
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a couple, the one I remember was a Coleco Pac-Man that I think was used as a store display. You could barely see the maze itself, since that is what is on all the time... The rest of it was still pretty visible though.

I have seen some, like the clocks in a stove for example, that are on all day and do seem to last forever... So there may be more to it than just being on... Maybe different colors fade faster, or maybe the game manufacturers where just buying 'cheaper' VFDs... There may be industrial ones for things like clocks and such that will be on all the time (and these may require higher voltages too). Just speculating there... It might be more manufacturing tolerances vs. actually 'burning out'...

Sort of like LEDs... People think LEDs last forever, but they will burn out too just like a light bulb (eventually)... But how many have you ever actually seen that have burned out? I honestly can't think of one (that was being operated properly)...
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping from france to the USA is 31 euro, so the route via the Netherlands is not much different. FR->NL is usually around 15 euro.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good looking blue one on sale:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/FL-ZAXXON-d.....0766506772
And a less good one, probably a cheap grab just to play on:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/lot-5-jeux-.....0915202743
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: