The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Did you know the one about the cook and the mice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoriathLionfort

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Did you know the one about the cook and the mice? Reply with quote

Hi there!

I've been searching for some time now that game that was my first handheld ever, whose name eludes me to no end... Neutral

I first thought it was a "Game & Watch" because of my memories of its looks: I think it had a silvery plate, red rubber buttons, just two of them. But, then, my memories may be wrong.
What I DO remember clearly was the game itself: you played some sort of cook, armed with a huge fork, and mice entered the screen over a high ledge. There were gaps through which the mice could jump and eat your food (MISS!!!), so you had to cover them with your fork. If you kept pushing the mice forward, it looked like they ended inside a boiling pot or something like that. Does anything of this ring a bell?

Sorry if the information I can provide is vague (at best), but I was like 5-6 back then, so I'm having trouble getting the details right. Embarassed

Thank you very much in advance!!! Mr. Green

Keep it up!

Jmz.

"Senri no michi mo ippo kara"
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our Forum Smile

Could this be the game you are looking for?

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Misc/GameWizardCatAndMice.htm

Neil.
JoriathLionfort

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry. Or, at least, not with that background design, though I doubt it'd work the way it did with that brackground.
I've spent the last hour or so looking through every manufacturer you have listed, looking for names that could remotely sound like that game, and I haven't found anything... but I found some other games I owned back then that I had forgotten!

Thank you very much anyway!

By the way, that was one hell of a fast answer! Smile

Jmz.

spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Masudaya/Kitchen.htm

Or

http://www.miniarcade.com/gakken/kitchen.htm?
JoriathLionfort

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. Green YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!! Finally! I can't believe it! You can't begin to imagine just how happy I feel right now! Very Happy Now it's only a matter of locating it in eBay and spending whatever money it takes to bring it (back) home.

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou
ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou
ThankYouThankYou.. and then some!!!

By the way, Masudaya's "Kitchen" is the one. How comes it eluded me in my sweep around handheldmuseum?!

Yessss!

spacemonsterviras
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it probably wouldn't be the Gakken due to having too many buttons. Good luck in your search - I haven't come across one of these for sale, but I've only been collecting for 18 months.

Kitchens seem to be quite a common theme among the LCD games...

Smile
JoriathLionfort

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much again, pal! If I manage to get my hands on one, I'll let you know... Wish me luck! (that is, if you're not loking for one of those.. jeje!).

Oh, yeah, you probably already knew it, but I found a site with plenty of handheld emulation: http://www.handheld.remakes.org/results.php?gamename=
Amongst others, they have "Kitchen"! It is not very well emulated, but you can imagine the sensation, getting to play that game after sooo many years... Truly amazing! Very Happy I recommend any emulation programmed by MADrigal.

mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does "Senri no michi mo ippo kara" mean?
JoriathLionfort

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! "Senri no michi mo ippo kara" is commonly translated as "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step", a sentence that's attributed to Confuce (even though that's kind of the Japanese version). I've always found that inspiring, somehow.

Thanks for asking! Very Happy

And...
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you haven't said anything yet, I take it your still looking for a

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI.....Track=true

Happy bidding, and good luck Very Happy

Neil.
JoriathLionfort

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Neil!!

First of all, thank you very very much for the link!!! Very Happy You know? It's funny 'cause I just got home from a short trip to London and while I was checking the ton of crap-mail that unavoidably fills my inbox whenever I leave for more than 24 hours, I saw that little eBay alert about "Masudaya kitchen", and it's just the same item you're letting me know abut! Cool Cool!!

I had very low expectations about finding any of those jewels in eBay, so I don't think this one's gonna past me over... I'll sink my theeth on it and won't let go! Smile I hope you're not interested in it, because it would feel really awkward to bid against the person that so kindly informed me about it in the first place... Confused

Thank you thank you thank you again, pal!!!

Best regards,

Jaime.

Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jaime,
You bid as high as you like Smile . I don't collect LCD's.

I very much hope you win it and the memories come flooding back.

Good luck,

Neil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: