The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Paper models of handheld games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jboissy
Microvision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Paper models of handheld games Reply with quote

Greetings all,

The name's John and I'm new to the HHM forum.

<everyone together> Hi John.

I thought you guys, and gals, would enjoy seeing my paper models of Coleco handheld games. The Coleco Ms PacMan paper model I created as a "going away card" for my friend, can be seen here...

http://flickr.com/photos/jboissy/

I'll be making a Pacman Jr. "card" for his little boy when he's born this February. Smile I also have the Coleco Donkey Kong Jr. hand held game almost ready to go. I only have to create the joystick, buttons and finish the sticker art. I should be posting a test build soon.

Comment are always welcome! Smile

Cheers!
jB
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! I bet most of us would LOVE a 'card' like that!!! It's Amazing Shocked Surprised Shocked

I'm very impressed!!! You should put some pictures of this and any future cards in the BRAG section.

Well done jB. Keep up the superb work.

Neil.
jboissy
Microvision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil,

Thank you for the kind words!

Right now, paper models are my latest hobby. After I finish the Donkey Kong Jr. game, the Pac-Man Jr. for my friend... I turn my attention to the Coleco Star Trek game! I've already put a bug in Rik's ear regarding info. I'm also going to recast the DKJ model and create a Coleco/Sega Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator hand held "what if" model. I need to get a hold of one of the ST:SOS arcade game flyers so I can sample the artwork.

My wife wants to know when I can start using this evil talent to make extra money. Wink

Cheers!
jB
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jboissy wrote:
My wife wants to know when I can start using this evil talent to make extra money. Wink

Once you finish one, is it easy to make more? Or are they difficult no matter what?

They look a little more complicated than Paper Arcade (ever seen those?):
http://www.wayoftherodent.com/pa/pa_staff.htm
Little classic arcade games made out of paper...

I still want to take a Coleco Pac Man, gut it, put in a tiny TV monitor, and then a tiny computer emulating Pac Man with MAME (or Daphne) to make a small, portable 'REAL' arcade game... (Using Daphne, I'd make a little Dragon's Lair! Cool ) Someday...
jboissy
Microvision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik,

I too have been working on an idea for a Coleco hand held MAME cabinet. LOL!! Great minds think alike.

As for the paper models... the hardest work is creating the pattern with the accompanying detail. The modeling is not so bad as long as you keep in mind how it will unfold.

I have seen the paper arcade models. Originally I wanted to do arcade game cabinets but someone beat me to it. Smile So I turned to hand held games... 'cause I still have mine.

Cheers!
jB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: