The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for air fighting game, about the size of a brick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndaher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Looking for air fighting game, about the size of a brick Reply with quote

Boy am I glad I found this site! I've been looking to find this game as a Christmas present for my brother for a long time now, but it's nearly impossible because I have no idea what the name is. We had it when we were both little kids, about 12 years ago.

I have no idea when the game was actually made, as we got it at a garage sale, but I would guess mid 80's. There's a picture below that I drew up from what I can remember it looking like. I'll try to describe it as best I can.

As I said in the title, it's about the shape and size of a brick. It was all black, except for the buttons and joystick. It had a square LED screen taking up about 3/4 of the unit. Below the screen were 2 or 3 really flat buttons, kind of like on an elevator. The buttons were red I believe, maybe orange. It had a mini joystick on the right (though it could have been on the left, and the buttons are actually on the right, I'm totally fuzzy!). The graphics were very simple LED lights, not the black-and-white type games that you can't see in the dark, this one you could. The lights were orange too.

The game itself was some type of air fighting game, from the cockpit perspective. Of course there was no cockpit, just a crosshairs, and you would fly your craft in order to get the enemy planes in your sights and shoot them. I don't remember if they shoot back, they very well could have.

Well that's about all I can think of to describe it. If anyone has even a clue what this is, I'd be forever grateful! Below is my very poor drawing. Smile

Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this it?

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/SH.htm

Linda
ndaher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'S IT!!!!!! Man, you are truely amazing! Am I ever glad to see that game again, thank you so much! Now if I can just find it
slugbait76
Microvision

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one on eBay now with BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110054353267

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: