The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ERS and more!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: ERS and more!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I know I can't write posts but this has been annoying me for 3 years!!!! If you own the games, why do you say "I own both games, they look the same, but I'm not sure if they play the same way. Is your collection THAT big? And if Kenner and GCE has only 5 games, why is ERS not on the main page, and they had 5 games. And that ETIC's Astro Destroyers and Game & Time Astro Destroyers are the same game. More games are like that.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, yeah, I have a LOT of games. Almost 1000. (And I don't have the biggest collection either...) More than half I just collect (not really play), so I don't really know the game play of all of them (I rely on others here to share that info... Mr. Green ) And some games might seem the same until you really get into them (like the differences between the US and Canadian Mattel Hockey game. I don't play that game enough to really know how it plays in every little detail...).

Companies stay in the Misc section until they hit at least 4 games. Then I feel they are worthy of having their own section, and I weed them occasionally when I think the Misc section is getting too big (and, yeah, it's probably time to do that again...). There's no STRICT rules regarding this, but every company listed in the Misc section got there becuase at one time I only knew of one game they made.

As for Astro Destroyers, yes, there are a lot of games that are 'duplicates'. If you look at the Game & Time version, you will notice is does NOT say ETIC on it, so I didn't want ETIC to be the only version in case someone has the other one... They'd never find it under ETIC.

On the other hand, if they have the ETIC version, they may not think to look under Game & Time, so I list it in both places. (And, some people like seeing variations...) Sometimes I'll just put both games on the same page though.

There's a lot of this in Bandai. I've found the same game in English, Japanese and French. So I list it each way in case someone is looking for it and only has one version. They may have Akuryo No Yakata, and not know that it's Terror House in English... So I list it both ways.

Makes for a bunch of duplicates (if you only care about one version of each game), but at least everyone that's looking for any version of a game should be able to find it...
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I can see where your going with this. By the way, who has the biggest collection. Maybe, you could hold a contest about this. Get more collecters to notice this site.(Not like they haven't already)
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Taki has 1385 according to his website (www.gameandweb.com). There's a guy in Japan that used to have a website with TONs of games on it, but I don't know how many he actually had. (Most of the pictures on my website when I first started were from his site...)

I'm really sure of the exact numbers of others here... Anyone want to brag a little? Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: