The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
40 Users!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Forum issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: 40 Users! Reply with quote

Hi Rik,
Has the Museum been advertised somewhere recently? I see we had 40 people looking at the Forum at the same time yesterday!!! That many can't just be coincidence, or can it? Looking at the last visit dates on the Memberlist, most of them wern't members. An even bigger mistery is why they didn't all sign up to the Forum after seeing how great it is Wink . I'm plugging the Forum on my Ebay items at the moment but I doubt it would have that much effect.

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, didn't even notice that... Smile What was the max users prior to that?

I'll look at the log files and see if there's an obvious link they were all coming from... Someone might have posted a 'Check this out' link somewhere that linked to an image or something here...

Rik
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at school. I wish I was part of this. Crying or Very sad

What website posted "Check This Site Out". They should get a hug.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still don't see anything special about the 28th, but I just looked at the counter logs for my website, and I had 7430 vistors on Tues, Nov 14th. (I have fairly consistently averaged 1100-1300 visitors a WEEK this whole year...) I got an Email from someone saying my site had made RetroBlast that day:

http://www.retroblast.com/newsitem.php?cid=3126

And someone else mentioned another site (one of those 'Ways to waste time in the Internet' sites, forget which one though...)

One or both of those most have helped that day. Mr. Green
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a web site, I'd put the HHM as the first link. (I'm trying to make one called, "Wii Never Shut Up.com". We just cant get Geo-cites to lanch any of our web sites.
hiparco
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: from....? Reply with quote

Rik i know some of them are from Spain, because i saw in a great forum collectors (consoles) your web and i suposse a lot of people link it.. Wink

well, it's growing...... great
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really late update here...

As mentioned above, there were two sites that helped me reach my current record of 7430 site visits in one DAY on Nov 14th last year (I'm averaging about 1400 or so hits a week the rest of the time). After digging through the web logs, I've determined that it was retroblast.com, and another site called fark.com (that's the 'ways to waste time' site I mentioned above).

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2413556

The link above is to the Comments from a link someone posted to a game he had as a kid. LOTS of comments posted on the 14th, and several on the 15th (had 1194 visitors that day, and then it died off). (Notice it says the link on Fark has been clicked on over 22,000 times... Half of that must have been on the day it was posted...)

I just thought it was a kind of funny list of comments to read (and a few rips on my website programming/designing skills... Embarassed ). I do really need to make the colors more user-friendly and add a way to view thumbs of all the games... I get these request all the time...
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, things do seem to be picking up around here. I visited pretty regularly until last summer, when my job took over my life. Now that things have settled down, I'm happy to have the time to be back.

I hope all this activity keeps up! I like grousing about the hobby when I get off of work, and the bonus here is that I'm not annoying neighbors and friends! Twisted Evil
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik, you should feel proud my friend. My site, Megocentral, just celebrated it's 2nd year anniversary and despite the Mego Corp having no new product released in close to 30 years we still manage to obtain around 1000 hits per day. The amount of hits that you are generating is impressive to say the least. Nice job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Forum issues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: