The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Adventurevision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Adventurevision Reply with quote

I've been collecting for about 5 years now...I had a bunch of handhelds from when I was young, and the nostalga was too much. I guess we all have memories of late nights playing these in a friends basement. For me, I've focus on VFD and older game systems as a collection. If anyone is looking to sell, or just looking to talk gaming, let me know, I'm always up for it. Here is a more receont shot of me and my adventurevision, with a few games in the background in Winnipeg Canada, (we'll see if this URL works!) Rolling Eyes , the rest of my collection is in my home of Toronto.[/url]
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture........

In The Netherlands are Entex games verry hard to find.
I'm collecting for more then a year and saw 4 games for sale in our country. The Adventure Vision is so verry rare that i went to Amsterdam tot the retro game shop http://www.gameover.nl/index2.htm to see it myself.
It's not so nice as on the picture, the game needs a clean up and the case is coulored by sunlight.

Regards...
number6
Microvision

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh the adventurevision. The holy grail of handhelds/tabletops.

I had an Adventurevision when they first came out. It stopped working after a couple weeks of playing and, being the idiot that I was back then, I threw it in the trash! Boy what a mistake that was.

One of these days I will get one again, but I want to focus on the more easily attainable games (read less expensive) first Wink

As I remember the games were not all that playable, but it sure looks cool even today.
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hI,

Can yoy tell us how you get this game, Ebay?? Garage sale??
And did you paid a lot of money for it?

Regards
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beg and plead! Watch Ebay constantly...

If the seller knows what he has (and it works), it probably won't go cheap. A really nice loose one will probably sell for at least $300-400. Mint boxed ones can sell for more than $1500.

The greatest find would be the $1 at a garage sale! Smile From what I've heard from Entex employees, they made 10,000 or so of them, which wouldn't make them incredibly rare, but I think they were plagued with breaking and just being thrown away. These were made for kids, but one drop and it was all over (they are very fragile). I believe that's why they are so rare.

Rik
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Adventurevision Reply with quote

Yes, these are hard to come by....This one was ebay, from someone who had it in his closet at home....came with all four carts, and is in VG condition, so the price wasn't bad considering. I haven't seen one recently though. I generally don't look for boxed to keep the price down.
number6
Microvision

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last loose one I saw on ebay went for around $700 with just Defender. Most people that find them nowadays are smart enough to do an internet search and they find www.adventurevision.com and that is all it takes for the price to start climbing.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself, I was lucky enough to fill that particular hole in my collection for $79 on eBay thanks to a Buy It Now. It only sort of works, however. The mirror spins okay and it lights up but the buttons are unresponsive. Probably fixable, if I ever find the time!
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: adventurevision Reply with quote

how much would you sell that adventurevision for?
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi R.O.B., welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid I wouldn't want to sell it until I found a better one, sorry!
R.O.B.
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: