The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdobbin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.. Reply with quote

Hi; I love the site; it has sent me reeling in nostalgia. I have a modest collection of handhelds and old video game systems, but I'm not a savant when it comes to brands, release dates, etc.

In any case, I'm looking for information on a mechanical game, possibly released through radio shak(?), circa 1979, where you shot BBs at space-ship tiles which would flip around. It is a dim memory, because it got lost in a move two years after I got it, but I *think* that the aiming mechanism was a two-handed, flight-yolk style thing, with finger triggers on spring-mounts.

It was astonishingly loud; the BBs would *spak* the thing pretty hard. I ask because in finding and perusing the site, I flashbacked to a day where my aunt, who had a new boyfriend, took me out for a day on the town, at the boyfriend's request. He intended on marrying her, and he wanted to make a good impression with the family, I guess, so he brought me out with her, gave me handfuls of quarters to play SPACE INVADERS, took me to see THE BLACK HOLE, and bought me this amazing handheld/tabletop BB game.

THE BLACK HOLE was 1979, which is how I'm dating the release.

I'm not too hopeful that anyone will remember this or be able to help, as the late 70s were full of random toys like this. But if anyone knows, I would be forever grateful. See, that guy, my Uncle George, was-- apart from my dad-- my absolute hero. He died tragically only 2 years after that day, in a motorcycle accident. So finding that game has always been something of a "holy grail" for me.

Anyway, thanks for your time in reading this!
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our Forum Smile . I'm sorry to hear about his accident Sad . I hope your aunt found the right person in the end. I have't seen one of these games before but I will keep my eyes open for you.

Best of luck in finding one,

Neil.
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks promising Wink

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8797431045

Neil.
jdobbin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Neil UK-- Thank you so very much. Reply with quote

I am absolutely astonished, delighted, and my gast has been utterly flabbered; you not only found it, based on such sketchy recollection, but found a buyable one.

I am beyond grateful. Thank you so much.
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am delighted to be able to help Yessss!

I hope it brings back many happy memories Very Happy

All the best

Neil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: