The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My tabletop Galaxian arrived today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: My tabletop Galaxian arrived today! Reply with quote

Man am I syked! Two packages in one day. Feels like Christmas around here.
Now for some critiquing. First off I have had many handheld games over the years as a child but I havent ever seriously collected them as an adult. Only collected comicbooks in the 80's so I kinda missed the handheld craze. I still collect comics to this very day. With that being said, I always wanted to snag one of these tabletops. I realize many here were arcade junkies but if I didnt spend thousands of dollars in quarters then I didnt spend a penny. Had a bowling alley within walking distance from the house and the owner always kept up with the most popular games. Galaxian was one of them. As a matter of fact it is still my wifes all time favorite. I cant wait untill she comes home from work tonight so I can show her. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the graphics on this game. If I didnt know any better I would think I was playing the real things. For the era that it was released I feel that it was way beyond it's time as far as technology is concerned. Cant wait to play two player head to head. With this being so good I can only wonder what Donkey Kong is like.
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling, i was like a kid when i received my Galaxian, very cool game. Get yourself a Galaxy 2 by Epoch if you like that kind of game, the Galaxy 2 offers different stages, pretty neat.
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Galaxy 2 Reply with quote

Cool! I was just going to ask you why you liked Galaxy 2 so much. There's no doubt about it, whenever I hear the postman knocking at my door I know I'm in for a treat. These games have a way of bringing out the little kid in you. God knows he's not buried very deep in me, at least thats what my wife always tells me. Laughing
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My tabletop Galaxian arrived today! Reply with quote

Roback wrote:
Man am I syked! Two packages in one day. Feels like Christmas around here.

Yeah, that's funny. I usually have my games (and other Ebay prizes) sent to work. I've been on a first-name basis with the postal carries in the last 3 buildings I've worked in! Mr. Green
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess that a lot of wifes here are tinking alike about our passion Roback Laughing

Rik my mailman once asked me what kind of business i had to receive that many packages Mr. Green
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a Galaxian inbound. Then all I'll need is a Zaxxon to finish the set. Roback, the coleco Donkey Kong is very good. One of my favorite games (just played it last night actually). It WILL kick your ass though. Just a fair warning Mr. Green

I've heard the Coleco Galaxian is pretty good, as well as Galaxy II. I have the funky blue Bandai galaxian, which is also pretty good, but has a low score cap, which is unfortunate.

Actually, in my experience, you can't go wrong with any of the coleco games. They're all good. Some of them are loud and annoying (cough pac man cough), butthey are still fun. Frogger is the best of the set, I think.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Thag wrote:
Some of them are loud and annoying (cough pac man cough)

Yeah, you say that now... Wait until you get the Zaxxon game... That one will annoy your neighbors!
Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, you say that now... Wait until you get the Zaxxon game... That one will annoy your neighbors!

That good huh? I can't wait to find out (when I can track down one of the damn things for a reasonable price). I've found some of these loud handheld games are AWESOME on car trips with annoying relatives. I just wait until they've played the same stupid he-haw CD for the third time and then it's time to play pac man.

Everyone goes 'cool, I remember those!' and then I switch it on and it's 'NYAH! NYAH! NYAH! NYAH! NYAH! for hours. Heh. Makes the ears bleed, it does. The end result:

Annoying relatives 0
Lord Thag 1

Bet you all never thought of retro handhelds as an offensive weapon, eh?

Laughing
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Itching for a Donkey Kong Reply with quote

I hear you Thag, I am so itching to snag me a Coleco Donkey Kong. I've got a Frogger on the way but not the original Coleco version. I plan on running through all the Coleco handhelds first and then go from there. Your list of your favorites really helped along with all the other informative posts. The worst is when you try a new resturant and catch a bad meal for alot of bucks.
The same goes for handhelds. I would hate to shell out some bucks for a crappy game. Eventually I am sure that I will be buying them all, regardless if they play well like I do with everything else I collect. I am a completist which can be veeerrryyy troublesome. Just ask my wife about our savings account when a rare carded Mego Worlds Greatest Superhero hits ebay that I need for my collection. $1200.00 later and at least one of us is happy. My wife is usually the one shaking her head in disbelief. Yep, Donkey Kong is next on my list. Then Zaxxon. Accept no substitutes!!
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. You spend lots on games, I have only spent 'bout $60 on my collection. (excluding Game Boy/game etc etc.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: