The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Some of my original games from my childhood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Some of my original games from my childhood Reply with quote

I dont have to tell you guys how special it is to find the toys that you once played with as a child. These are the handhelds that were in a box in my parents basement. Each had its battery cover ( I always took great care of my toys ) and works beautifully. Needless to say, these are priceless to me.
For me, finding these toys provided me with a window that brought me back to a fun time in my life. I am always so sad to hear about people that had rough childhoods. Luckily, I had parents who were super cool. Do you guys have many of your childhood games or are they lost forever?

Lord Thag
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had many handhelds, but I still have the G&W Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr I had. I also have all of my original Atari 2600 games, as well as a couple of odd handhelds like burgertime.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, last time I was at my parents house I found (in the attic) a Tomy Blip (don't even remember having that as a kid), my brother's Mattel Football 2 and Basketball 2, and one other game... And I still have my original Entex Pac Man 2 in box. I can prove it's mine becuase I engraved my name on the bottom of the game. Guess I'll be keeping that one for sure... Rolling Eyes

And I, of course, still have my Microvision from back then (complete set, all boxed), and a Tandy Hold Up (still on the wall in my room at my parents house...)

It was cool finding all that again even though I had already re-bought the games while collecting... There's something special about having the actual ones you had as a kid...
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and no. I had a GBC, but soon got a GBA and gave the GBC to my cousin and lost less than a week. But I do have a poker game that when I went to my grampy's house, to the bathroom, I'd play it. I don't know how to play poker. I now own it because he's dead. Crying or Very sad
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had 3 games, but the ones i had, wich are Coleco Alien Attack, Tandy Championship Football and Entex Hockey were used a lot, the only one that remains is the Tandy Championship Football. I remember wanting the Mattel Football 2, so i had asked my parents for the green football game and ended up with the Tandy one Laughing
Goldie
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stated with Entex Space invaders for my 8th birthday. I also had a Bandi missle invader, (though one set of leds were out)..When I was 10 I jumped in and got a Coleco Galaxian, which I loved, but that same year I received a gift from my aunt in England...A firefox F7! Darn, I had hours of fun with that thing...
NE146
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you guys have many of your childhood games or are they lost forever?

I pretty much have every game I had when I was a kid, and I'm almost 40 Razz I posted pics of them in another thread.. but yeah, I'm just basically you're average packrat. I didn't take too much care of them though, I played rough Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: