The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Suggestion about the Museum...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Suggestion about the Museum... Reply with quote

I find myself in the Museum alot. Whenever I come across a handheld that I am interested in I go to the Museum to get some details. Although the images are crisp and clear I would love to see some additional info such as game play and some other details. Is the game fun to play? How rare is it? I realize that prices are constantly fluctuating but maybe state a ballpark price? Again, these are simply suggestions that I thought that I would toss out there. They would be helpful though, whatta ya think?
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, very helpful, like a rare scale.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Handheld FAQ has a rarity scale in it, but it's probably out of date...

As for game play, I don't have even half the games listed in the museum, so I'd have to get that info from other people... I'm going to start a 'Review' section in the forum so people can write reviews and comment on games there... If a review or comment seems really good or siginificant, I'll add it to that game's page in the museum itself...
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik, I'm picking up a little bit of courage and I would like to suggest you something in the hope of not sounding like someone who knows everything Embarassed ,but.... would it be possible for you to add more photos,obviously of the games that you have or even if you don't have them by recovering them ,even of what's inside the boxes? I mean the styrofoams inners or the cardbox,the bubble sheet plastic or the pouches?Or what kind of paper instructions are inside and maybe the brochures or ads?Or maybe the differences between the style of the artwork in different countries.I think that the boxes can reflect the difference between cultures or\and ages and it will be fun noticing it.
I know that it would be a lot of work and a lot of valuable online space,but it will render ,in my modest opinion,a great service to all the collectors or even the occasional visitor a reference for everything that a particular game rappresented,something like a Wikipedia of handhelds!
In one thread you where talking about the importance as a collector of having the whole package (game-box-inners-instructions-else),and a lot of times I found asking myself if a particular game,most of the times costly,was without any doubt complete so not to throw away,as I did several times, precious money.

Anyway the site,in the form is right now,it is always a reference for all of us!! Very Happy

Alex
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rik,
Just a suggestion as you have started updating the Museum Very Happy . I really find the Mattel home page helpful in the way it states after many of the games if they are LCD's, VFD's etc. If you were to state VFD, LED or BULB after every game in the museum (eventually) then everything else would be an LCD game. This would be great for people who want to see the non LCD games but don't want to wade through Hundreds of LCD's to find them.

Even after about 4 years of reading your Museum there are still Many games I have never clicked on as they sound unlikely candidates for my collection, and it would take too long on my sloooow dial up connection.

I'm looking forward to any furure updates,

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you aren't the first to request this... I'll probably do it eventually, either the way the Mattel page is, or by buttons you can click at the top of the page to only show the games with that particular display... Depends on which one is easier.

That's a fairly easy update though, so I should be able to do it in a reasonable amount of time (except maybe the Bandai section... I'm always scared of changing that section because it's so big... Cool )
rainlynx
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there should a rating system from register users to rate the Handheld kinda like boardroomgeeks has on their website on their boardgames. Also there should be a rarity guide 1 to 10 like Atari Age does it.

I am not hear to promote those sites just some minor things I have observed. Regardless I enjoy myself all the time here. Great site here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Museum website All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: