The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ToyShops collector profile article of my collection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: ToyShops collector profile article of my collection. Reply with quote

I've been writing articles on a strictly freelance basis for magazines such as ToyShop, Tomarts and Lee's for around 6 years now. When I launched Megocentral I thought that the exposure would be beneficial for the site so along with advertising I began to write article after article about Mego toys.
Once 2004 rolled around, the convention that a friend and I hosted catapulted Mego collecting to new heights. One day I receive an email from the editor of ToyShop asking if I would like to be the subject for a collector profile. Needless to say, I had a blast. I've posted it here for you guys to read. I hope you enjoy it.

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty cool... Toy Shop interviewed me a few years ago about handhelds and printed some of my pictures... I think I have scans of that in the Books/Magazines section... It's always fun to get your name in print when it comes to our hobbies... Mr. Green
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your absolutely right Rik, it is fun seeing your articles get published. I'm about to go see if I can find yours. I rounded up a few more articles that I've written for Lee's Toy Review and Tomarts that I posted below. This first is the one I am most proud of. Tomarts, ToyFare, Lee's and ToyShop all sent writers to cover the Mego convention that I organized. This is one of the write ups that appeared in Lee's. The print is small but I scanned it in on my website if you guys would like to read it. It is under the Megocon banner on the front page of my site. Yep, that's me with then President of the Mego Corporation Marty Abrams.

phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really cool. It kind of reminds me of a show I used to watch called the Incurable Collectors. I always get a kick out of the things that other people collect.

I distinctly recall having a Creature from the Black Lagoon figure (long gone) as a child - was that one of these Mego figures?

-phitter
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Creature of the Black Lagoon figure that you speak of is made by a company called AHI. Today, that figure packaged sells for anywhere between $3,000-$6,000.00! They came in two variations, male and female. Below are a few of the offerings by AHI from my personal collection. I worked with Cloudcity Collectibles to make acrylic cases to protect them from dust. Thye make them look alot better while on display as well. Bring back any memories?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Off-Topic Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: