The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LED games and you !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: LED games and you ! Reply with quote

Any LED lover out there ?

I don't collect LCD's so i won't comment on those, but VFD's are graphically superior to LED's, everyone agrees (exception to the ''tour de force'' adventurevision) and all the arcade classics were made on VFD's , big advantage rigth there.

But i have a big place in my heart for LED games, these were the first glimpse of what would become videogames, the first electronic competition game with graphics and playing against a machine, and you could have it at home WOW Yessss! .

The first on i had was the Entex Hockey one christmas... all the hours i spent playing that game, none of my friends wanted to play against me after a few months Laughing After i had the football championship from Tandy, i had asked for the football 2 from Mattel but had the other one instead. Nevertheless i loved that Tandy game, still have the original, no battery cover (i know... ) i remember playing it in the music courses in high school Laughing

So ! Any LED lovers out there ?
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in as an LED lover Smile . Like you I collect these plus VFS's and bulb games. I have 2 sets of colour LCD's (mainly due to the design of the games) and don't plan to get any more.

There is one all-time arcade classic that LED's led the way with....SPACE INVADERS!!! My first LED game was a Ramtex Space Invaders / Block Buster which I spent many happy hours playing while the real Space Invaders (and Breakout) games were still in the arcades.

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, naturally I collect everything... Cool

But I do have a special place in my heart for the Mattel LED games... I had them as a kid, and I love the little 'sliver' shape of the LED lights... I still play Football II every now and then...

Rik
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,this is my first post so I'm a little bit nervous.As far as me it was back in 1978 in Minnesota that I got the first syntoms of what is now a conclamate illness!!!!I got the Entex Baseball and the Mattel Football ,and ...boy did we use them!Now that I'm right in the middle of the middle age crisis (41)I'm going after everything that has a led or a vfd and possibly makes a blip!!!Long gone are the times of parties and girls!!!
Anyway my only exceptions are for the BASEBALL games that ,colllection in the collection,I search even among the lcd.But there is no synthetized voice that can match a good old ....BEEP.

Alex
Roback
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, big fan of the Mattel games and Space Invaders, isn't everyone? Laughing
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think we al do. Mr. Green
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Space Invaders is quite a classic, love that game, expecially the gray one from Entex. Coleco Baseball was also one that i enjoyed much !
I tried Trick Shot basketball from Tandy yesterday and i had so much fun with the trick shots, a nice variation !.

tanatron welcome !! I see you often bidding on the games on Ebay Mr. Green
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi blue6demon and thank you,as a matter of fact we would have met even yesterday night on that Tudor football game with the roughed up box!But when I saw that you were the bidder,I left the auction running .
And this makes me want to ask you this :when you see someone from this community that is going after a game and you are too interested in it ,what do you do? Go after it and start a bid war?
Anyway it's a pleasure to talk with you after having met the last months in several occasions Very Happy

I was waiting for my collection to grow before joining the forum.

Alex
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to have no oppostition on that one !
Well quite franckly when i really want one badly, i bid my max directly, since i'm on a low budget i don't go into bid wars. It always depends, some of the people here i recognize and i won't even bid because i know i can't compete (unless having a divorce Laughing). But i have to say that sometimes a good competition is fun, but as i said i won't go higher than the max i intended to bid at the start.

Now that i know you, let me know when you want a game real bad i'm a reasonable man Wink , since we do bid often on the same games !

Healthy competition is always good, but i know how it is when you want one really bad.
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks,I'm beginning to focus only in really good shape games ( http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160090489809
http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160090538869 ),because I learned the hard way that that what you see in pictures is not what you get home,and I threw away alot of money on games that I now have to buy again because they had a bad box or were missing the polys or were heavily scratched.
So I'm focusing on quality rather than quantity,as I think there always be an other occasion to buy a better game.
This dosn't apply if you are a supermegamillioner . Laughing
Anyway in case we have a very very close encounter ............

Alex
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are nice indeed, me if it's boxed it's a bonus, but i do want the game to look very good also, like that Tudor football game box is bad but the game itself looks new, well i hope it is.

Sometimes they are not as good as they look you're quite rigth... i have a Tomy caveman that was looking really good on the picture, but it has a very bad scratch iwas ?%$& Evil or Very Mad I also check with whom i'm dealing, the seller has to be considered very honest with good descriptions, gotta love that feddback system.
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree,the game has to be allright and the box in a plus,but as i'm too on a low budget and my wife is checking my bank account Evil or Very Mad ,I have to be(now)picky.Some time ago I would have really bought,and I did,everything upon which I came across.

Alex
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you had slowed down a bit Alex. I was suprised to outbid you twice recently, as before just seeing your name as a bidder made me think I had no chance of winning the game.

Wives have no idea as to the true value of our games do they Wink

Neil.
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: !! Reply with quote

I just won several led games this week - Mattel's Armor Battle, Sub Chase and Entex Raise the Devil Pinball - sold by another member of this forum I believe... I've also got Mattel's Auto Race & Battlestar Galactica - neither exactly dynamite game play - but that's not the point is it!

My first handheld as a kid was the led classic Merlin. Noughts and Crosses anyone?

I still have a soft spot for retro led tech and am the proud owner of both a Pulsar Time Computer (the first calculator watch) and a Pulsar P3 Date Command - the height of mid seventies techno cool!

That and my cycle lights are all leds too - my have they come on in the last 30 years!
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil UK wrote:

Wives have no idea as to the true value of our games do they Wink

No they definitely don't! For them we are just a bunch of grown up kids!
You should see where I had to put (for now) my collection!!
As long as it was collecting ,model planes ...ok!,airplane related books.....ok! But OLD TOYS in BAD SMELLING BOXES....no way!!!
I think it has to be a long process ,step by step.

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: