The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Question about Mattel Baseball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Question about Mattel Baseball Reply with quote

Hi,I allready have (of course who dosn't)a Mattel baseball,which is the second version with the smaller box and the plastic bubble wrap bag.I was looking to buy the first version with the bigger box which has the side flap.This version is suppouse to have the two styrofoam inners.
I was looking on eBay for this baby allmost new :

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140095047263

My question: is the bubble wrap bag a replacement or it's original and the game came out like this?
Thank you for the help! Very Happy

Alex
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to be 100% sure from that picture, but some of the 'large box' versions did come in bubble bags instead of styrofoam. The bubbles on the bags are the much larger ones (almost 1-inch in diameter) as opposed to the little bubbles on the bags in the 'small box' versions...

If he's claiming it's brand new, it's probably the original bag. (But it should definitely be a 'bag', but just a sheet of bubbles wrapped around the game. I think it's usually made from thicker plastic than the average bubble-wrap used these days for shipping...)

Rik
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a better example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120100550484

That's all original factory packaging... That's what the bubble bag should look like.
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rik,it's like the one in the Mattel Basketball that I have.The seller assured me that the pouch it's original and the bubbles are a little bit more than half an inch.Let's see when it arrives.By looking at it in the photo the bubbles look kind of big and she talked about a pouch,so.....

Alex

Ps-How come you didn't overbid me last night on that Tandy shooting gallery?I didn't put much of an offer since I already have the similar Tiger games!
Ps2-Rik if you want I can ship you for free one of the boxed Coleco Space Blaster that I bought last Sunday.They are on their way from France and in case you don't have it you could show it when you tour the States!
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanatron wrote:
Ps-How come you didn't overbid me last night on that Tandy shooting gallery?I didn't put much of an offer since I already have the similar Tiger games!

I only needed the instructions, so I just put in a modest bid... I didn't even notice you were bidding on it until after the auction was over. (I use a bidding service, so I'm not necessarily online when the auction ends...) If you don't want the instructions for it...... Mr. Green

tanatron wrote:
Ps2-Rik if you want I can ship you for free one of the boxed Coleco Space Blaster that I bought last Sunday.They are on their way from France and in case you don't have it you could show it when you tour the States!

Sure, that would be great... I was actually going to ask what you planned to do with 4 of them... Cool I've never actually seen the game in person, it'll be cool to check it... Check your PMs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: