The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Electronic Hockey *Dynamic Toys*

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Electronic Hockey *Dynamic Toys* Reply with quote

Hi Rik ,I just bought this .I can't find anything in the site or in the faq.Ever seen one?Battery cover and instructions are missing but it was too much of an handheld to let it go. Smile

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAP.....1&rd=1

Alex
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Alex. It's a pity you didn't win the soccer box to go with it last month.

No wonder this game is rare. The price was knocked down from $140 to only $70!!!

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't seen the Hockey game yet... Just the Race game and Soccer...

I wonder if there's Football and Baseball as well? Cool
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i want those ! Never actually seen them, i guess i'll have to start looking at the german branch of Ebay... Are they everywhere in Europe ?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is, Dynamic Toys is a US company (according to the box), but I only seem to find the games in Germany...
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually I found it in Australia and it's already on the plane to Italy. Laughing
Yes that soccer box and instructions is still on my mind , but I didn't put a higher bid 'cause I have the hope to find a complete game next time,as i said in one post I'm trying to focus on complete games.Sooner or later it has to come out.
Anyway who is that guy with a strange eBay name ycagw.... He beat the hell out of me a lot of times during the last months!! Evil or Very Mad He seems to have a lot of cash and it's really hard to beat(same as aim2please)
One question puzzles me of you guys!Don't you search in EVERY eBay around the world in the categories in which you are more likely to find the games?When you make the big work (some hours) the first time than all you have to do is sarch for newly listed items and ....there you find them.
Now eBay it seems small comparing to my need to find the games!I wished even here in Italy we could have those charity shops or those garage sales that so often reveal real treasures!!And I really really envy Linda and others who can go to Japan and have a direct contact with the reality of our hobby down there!They must be costly but at least you find them.

Alex
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for me since i'm still missing some basic games just looking on my Ebay i still have a good choice of games to buy, but when i,ll have most of those that i see i'll have indeed to try all the otherEbay versions Cool
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanatron wrote:
One question puzzles me of you guys!Don't you search in EVERY eBay around the world in the categories in which you are more likely to find the games?

I used to this on an almost hourly basis back when I started collecting... I had a job that made it fairly easy to get away with, and I would use the different colored links of my browsing history to tell me when I was in territory I already covered... Cool

Lately I haven't had as much time to spend scouring Ebay (or updating the website, etc... Rolling Eyes ), so I just have some massive searches I run every know and then (like searching for every known manufacturer in the Handheld Games category). It will miss things listed in odd categories or listed with odd headings, but it catches quite a few...

But, with the advent of BIN especially, if you aren't on top of it on a regular basis, you will miss a lot of things...

Rik
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Rik ,I declare ignorance!! Wink
What's BIN?Is it Buy it Now?As far as me I've always seen it!When was introduced?
You are right,indeed the newbbie enthusiasm makes him spend a lot of time searching, 'cause he feels that he has to catch up with the pros! Very Happy
Are you using any particular software for the searches?

Alex
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, BIN = Buy It Now. That was introduced in 2001-2002ish I think... But it wasn't used much for at least a year (took people a while to get used to it). So, now you have to check Ebay every hour to make sure you don't miss anything. Mr. Green

I don't use any tools for searches, I just have a lot of bookmarks.

I use an online service for placing bids though (auctionstealer.com) that way I (hopefully) won't forget to place a bid... (Although, as some people have noticed, that's not perfect... Rolling Eyes )
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Missing games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: