The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
tanatron's (Alex) collection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: tanatron's (Alex) collection Reply with quote

Hello everybody, as I wrote in an other post ,I finally made some order in my collection of hand helds.My reference period of time goes from the early '70s to the early '80s with the last VFDs with the only exception to the Baseball LCD games(or other lcd that I got for cheap).I started my search in September 2006 and as of today the 14th of June 2007 this is what I have :

259 games

of which :

240 boxed
19 loose

47 Baseball related
4 chess related

plus 30 more that I have double that I use for gaming.

If you want you can see them here :

http://www.webalice.it/claudia.alessandro/index.html

Many more are on the way so I'll be updating the collection photos as soon as they arrive! Yessss!
Hope you enjoy.

Alex

Last edited by tanatron on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
phitter
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex-

You have certainly amassed a nice collection in a relatively short timeframe.

I especially like all the baseball games! Very Happy
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phitter you are right ,I had to catch up with all of you! Wink
Consider that one day ,the postman came not with his usual car to deliver the mail but with a van, only to hand me 3 (three) mail bags full of more than 20 packets.You should have seen his face!!And I was not jocking when I said that I had to give him a tip!!
I'm now trying to find more complete games and in better shape than the ones that I found in the early goings,but as for the baseball games ,they are SO HARD to find.As a paradox it's easyer to find rare tabletops or handhelds than commercial baseball games,like the Sears that you recently found and that I only got loose.C'mon bring them out!!! Evil or Very Mad I think that this is due to the heavy work load (gaming) they had to sustain when played with.

Alex

PS-I've been watching some Cubs games on MLB TV.The funnier thing is that guy of yours that comes out in the 7th and sings the Cubs song.Who is he?

Last edited by tanatron on Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ! Very nice collection, you have twice more than i !!! Got some in there i've never seen. Keep going !

But the good news is now that you have all of those it will be easier for me to get them Laughing
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's some collection! That they're all boxed is very impressive! Did you have to remortgage your house to pay for them all?
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you have to remortgage your house to pay for them all?

Almost!! Laughing

No,I'm getting rid of my collection of model planes kits (already gone) and now of aviation historical books!
And I reserve 200-300 euros a months from my salary,as long as my Boss(my wife Claudia) says it's ok! Embarassed

Alex
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex.

ABSOLUTELY BEAU -T- FUL !!!

Based on your rate of collecting, I'm thinking you officially have "the fever." I remember those days all too well... maybe 'cause of my relapses... Laughing

Keep it it up.

Linda
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got a great collection Alex and a very nice website too!

Talking of the website. I couldn't get either picture on the main page to show even with my 'pop up stopper' switched off. I no longer use Zone Alarm so this can't be stopping them. Is anyone else getting the same problem?

Reference is missing an 'e' in the sentence '"it's THE refernce point for this world!!!"

I wouldn't have mentioned it but it seemed such an important sentence as it was refering to the Museum!

Keep up the great work Alex Smile

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil UK wrote:
Talking of the website. I couldn't get either picture on the main page to show even with my 'pop up stopper' switched off. I no longer use Zone Alarm so this can't be stopping them. Is anyone else getting the same problem?

Looking at the source code, there's no images referenced... I think he means click on the images when you are on the 'image page' and it will show more information...
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys , but it is just a try of a thing I've never done before.I discovered that I had this space for free so in 5 minutes I did some copy and paste from my post on this forum and with the already made templates and with the wizard helping me I made it.I corrected many english spelling errors that I did because of the frenzy of showing the pictures to all of you.I erased all the other pages and I kept only the three that I needed to start.I'm trying to figure out how to put the pictures pages directly on the site.I'm now trying to use some dedicated software ,Incomedia Website X5 or others that I'm trialing,to put on some personal code and my own layouts,and some more and better pictures
Please feel free to correct me for my english, it has been such a long time since I've been in the US that I almost forgot everything.And I don't have any chance to practice it so I'm missing a lot of things.
About the linkable pictures I'm having the same problem too ,they don't show up.I'll try to reedit all the site too see what's wrong.I 've also put links to Linda book .Hope she don't mind!

Alex
hiparco
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Collection!!!!! Wow, in a short time... it's great, and games have a fantastic shape... Ilove your collection.

Hope you update more games and keep collecting Wink

Ciao.
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiparco, thank you very much!!Your collection has been too a reference for me!!! Your newly designed site is really beautiful ,really!!!! I think I'll steal some ideas from it !! Laughing
Yes I got more to come....Rosy,ERS,Coleco ...........

Alex
hiparco
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jajaja thank you tanatron Smile

Ok, you can steal something Smile jjejeje.
I can't wait to watch your fantastic shape games. Great collection.

PDi'm going to add your link at my home web Wink
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alex, just checked out your collection, again... Very very nice - both the collection and the website! Sorry Rik, but the way Alex lays out his games is better than the handheld museum's, you can navigate directly to the next / previous game in the category and there are more pics of each game - virtually all of which look MIB! The only other thing I could wish to see is an image of each game with batteries in, being played so to speak... It would be nice to see the graphics! Fantastic effort! Do you let your son play your games???

Btw, my dad was an executive at IBM too, and I'm now a computer geek, doing java programming... Big blue has a lot to answer for...
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
Thank you very much!Rik's Museum it's always the reference, no matter the graphics or the pictures.He HAS THE KNOWLEDGE and that is what's more important!!There is a say that goes like this : "You are not paid for what you do , but for what you know!"
Anyway it is a matter of time and I'm pretty sure that if Rik could have my spare time ,with his passion he could build a WIKI-HANDHELD-PEDIA!!!If it wasn't for those damn Props! Wink
I' was thinking too about showing somehow the games performe!But it's not a feasible thing do to the limitations of space that a provider offers more or less for free.Maybe using links with Utube or similar,even thought I don't know how long they can keep them on their site.
As for my son, he plays on the Gameboy system with a multi game cartridge that you can load via PC with literaly thousands of Roms taken from the real cartridges.When I let him play with some spare games that I have , he literaly goes crazy.......for 5 minutes,than it's already boring for him.I think that the Gameboy has done some damage here!!
Here in Italy IBM was called "MAMMA IBM" which means "MOTHER IBM".Before the 1992 problems it cared for every need that an employeed might have had.I grew up in the now gone IBM COUNTRY CLUB which was placed in an antique '800 mansion that had 10 tennis courts ,2 swimming pools, a beautiful multi acre park ,restaurants and so on.....And it was 15 minutes from home!
Anyway thank you again !! Very Happy

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Brag section! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: