The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
a dream i recently had...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bomberpunk
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: a dream i recently had... Reply with quote

...last night actually.

the game i dreamed of probably does not exist, but i sure was excited until i woke up and looked around and realized i was in la-la land.

i had recently bought a cheap digital camera to take on vacation with me (which i just got back from this past weekend), and the camera made a cameo in my dream...

it took place in a thrift store, and the shelves were packed with junk. nothing there was grouped together either, so you had to search every aisle to make sure you checked out everything electronic that the place had to offer.

at one point i found what i was looking for; an electronic tabletop game. it was shaped much like a Gakken Super Cobra game but had a somewhat dark yellow see-through screen.

i checked to see what kind of batteries the unit needed, and it was 2X AA, which was exactly what my camera in my pocket uses. i swapped on the batteries and turned the game on to discover it was some type fo pong game.

instead of any kind of joystick, you had to use a slingshot to launch from the bottom right side of the unit towards the CPU paddle at the left side of the screen. what was even weirder is that when the ball was bounced back to you, you didn't have a paddle to send it back. instead you had to use the slingshot thing and smack the ball back to the left side.

apparently i had no trouble whipping the computer, as i was able to quickly advance to the next phase of the game, which wasn't pong at all. the entire screen filled with orange LCD (orange LCD?) squares, except a few randomly generated tunnels. the top/left-most square was your player, which you could control with a joystick that was now on the game. basically these patterns would zigzag from the top/right-most square and you had to catch them before they hit the last row of the screen.

finally was a third stage where you controlled a tiny insect and had to manuever him to a piece of flypaper at the bottom of the screen, while a larger fly chased you down.

the thing was marked $3.99, but i don't remember much else of the dream. i tried going back to sleep to hopefully play it again Rolling Eyes

i don't know. i just thought i'd share since it was still pretty detailed in my mind.

now that i think about it, i think this dream had something to do with my old AV comign back to haunt me.
FinEngineer
Kenner Red Line

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, cool dream...

funny I also dreamed one night about finding huge stashes of rare boxed VFD games in a thrift store...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Memories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: