The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official 'COOL ITEM ON EBAY!' thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bit of a holy grail item I noticed on ebay.com - Boxed Bandai Space Hurricane:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1.....906wt_1185

6 days to run on the auction!

This is only the 2nd of these I've seen on ebay. The previous one I won myself!
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A massive bowling game I've never seen before, and quite pricey!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-E.....899wt_1185
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Holographic bowling alley is awesome. If only it was in Australia
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little pricey though... I could probably pick it up in person if I wanted it. Cool

There's another forsale in Ontario, Canada for $80. Considering what it is (large, bulky game), that's probably a better price for it... I don't think it's really a desired collectible.

Sort of like the Mattel Las Vegas pinball machine. Not very common, actually pretty cool... But large and people have trouble selling it for even $100.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
It's a little pricey though... I could probably pick it up in person if I wanted it. Cool

There's another forsale in Ontario, Canada for $80. Considering what it is (large, bulky game), that's probably a better price for it... I don't think it's really a desired collectible.

Sort of like the Mattel Las Vegas pinball machine. Not very common, actually pretty cool... But large and people have trouble selling it for even $100.

Is the one in Canada on ebay also or is it listed elsewhere?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it on 'Canadian Listed', which I assume is a Canadian version of CraigsList or something...

http://thunderbay.canadianlist.....03733.html

Rik
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Found it on 'Canadian Listed', which I assume is a Canadian version of CraigsList or something...

http://thunderbay.canadianlist.....03733.html

Rik

So so tempting, if only postage for something that size from Canada to Australia wasn't prohibitive Id be all over it.
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Eggie wrote:
Saw this afther the auction was closed:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320833419523

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Wow, gotta admit even I'm surprised at that one... Seems like just another cheap Tiger LCD game... But I don't think I've ever seen that one (certainly not that version at least) Recognize the top two bidders though, so the sale was legit...

Heh, just noticed he listed it 'Dalitronic'... And it STILL went for over $400...

Rik

I know who the seller ius RiK, he buys sometimes rare games from me so it is legit. I knew this one but i saw nver or maby once a picture of it before this auction
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
To be fair that was a bundle of 10 games, so $206 or $20 each is pretty cheap .

Yep that paratrooper game i know, i folowed that auction

Thanks for pictures
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic Button wrote:
Here's a bit of a holy grail item I noticed on ebay.com - Boxed Bandai Space Hurricane:

Wow, I think this went kinda cheap. (<$170!) I missed the end or it would have gone for at least a little more!
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Panic Button wrote:

Wow, I think this went kinda cheap. (<$170!) I missed the end or it would have gone for at least a little more!

Not when the last one went for $80 less than 6 months ago. The price was inflated on this one as everyone knew about the auction.
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic Button wrote:
A massive bowling game I've never seen before, and quite pricey!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-E.....899wt_1185

OMG this is cool. Rik, isn't that around the corner for you?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Panic Button wrote:

Not when the last one went for $80 less than 6 months ago. The price was inflated on this one as everyone knew about the auction.

Was that one boxed? Don't remember seeing it...

It's not that this one was 'inflated' because everyone knew about it, it's that the other one went cheap because no one noticed it... This game boxed easily sells for over $200. I was actually going to bid on it to have an extra game to play, but I wasn't motivated (you're welcome! Mr. Green ). It does seem to have come down in price a little (used to go for $300+ easily about 5 years ago), but it's still a somewhat expensive game...

Still a good price though. I'd easily pay $80 or more for a loose one!

Rik
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other one was also boxed but I think it was missing the battery cover. To be fair $160 is not that bad for it.

This one did pick up after someone posted it, advertising games always inflates the price. I had spotted it before the post about it above and was watching it, so as you could imagine I was annoyed that somone posted it. That doesnt mean I don't condone people posting listings, just as anyone else would have been - annoyed. If the guy had of allowed OS shipping it probably would have gone higher as I would have snapped it up Wink, as such I had to get a US agent to bid on my behalf and there was no way I could change my max bid with them in the final hour which was very frustrating.

I remember someone posting (Im sure it was the lister but he didn't claim it) a Grandstand Light Games ebay listing on one of the retro sites, it went for $280.
I picked up one boxed (basically NIB) for $60 on ebay about 4 months later.
This happens time and time again, obviously when something is advertised here it's going to get the communities attention. It's a no brainer , advertising raises the prices, thats what it's for.
Panic Button
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry vcoleiro1 mate! I've been in the same boat before too... you spot a rare beast on ebay with a low price only for someone to post a link to it here... I think I would have kept quiet and bid on this one too if the seller had offered international shipping! It does annoy me that so many US based sellers won't even consider international shipping, even if you plead with them! It's stupid because they would make more money, but then people are lazy. It's the same with large items which could conceivably be posted, but people don't want the hassle and would be happier selling for a far lower price but with the convenience of local pick up.

The other thing I've found helps with US based auctions is having a seperate ebay.com account and setting up saved searches on it. That way you get alerted to stuff which doesn't have international shipping offered as otherwise this would get filtered out of your local country search results. You can then plead with the seller to consider international shipping. It's worked a few times for me!

As for the outcome of the auction, I would have been happy buying at this price! I know tanatron paid a small fortune for his, and I've seen a BIN boxed version of the game on a Japanese auction site with a price of $500. It's also a pretty cool looking game with the joystick and 3D star wars trench effect. The gameplay and graphics are OK, nothing mindblowing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 72 of 95

Jump to: