The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official 'COOL ITEM ON EBAY!' thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it doesn't take much to lure in someone to be interested and buy something. A new collector seeing someone post even a link to a listing and saying hey this is cool is enough to lure them in. It did with me many times. As I said, 95% of my hit list is for games people just mentioned or had posted a link to.
People are to easily persuaded. Unfortunately the most subtle posts are usually the most convincing.

P.S As for Ford Australia having teams of people in Integrated Marketing , try 3 people including myself. Funny how people have misconceptions about large companies - lol. In fact I managed the development of the Ford Australia' online merchandise shop , then when it was complete I business managed it. Along with managing many other initiatives at the same time.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
P.S As for Ford Australia having teams of people in Integrated Marketing , try 3 people including myself. Funny how people have misconceptions about large companies - lol. In fact I managed the development of the Ford Australia' online merchandise shop , then when it was complete I business managed it. Along with managing many other initiatives at the same time.

Hey, 3 people is still a team! Mr. Green And Ford (worldwide) has many of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they have separate marketing divisions in every major city in the US...
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameWatchGuy wrote:
I've ship about 5,000 plus packages a year, many overseas. Chance of loss shipping domestically (inside the USA) is almost null. You might lose 1 in 1000 if that, pretty safe. Of course shipping overseas is not as. I have lost packages and it is always the seller that is expected to pay for the mistake of the middle man, ie shipping service. Kinda sad actually, I've never had a single customer say they'll split the loss with me.

I've read many times about 'lost' packages. I believe about one package of a million gets lost, the rest are stolen. Evil or Very Mad

Rik wrote:
For something to take over eBay, it has to be _well_ known, and be a proper auction format. I've never heard of Etsy, but looking at it, it doesn't appear to be an auction site? That's something I'd like to see come back into reality. A true auction site. Auctions don't end until people are done bidding, and 'buy-it-now' is not an option. Any communication with the seller is automatically posted for all to see (that avoids the scumbags trying to rip-off sellers with low-ball offers) and it's impossible to end an auction early anyway. Once you list an auction, the auction goes until it ends... Something that's fair for everyone.

Rik wrote:
I agree about the true value being indicated by what it normally gets in a normal auction. NORMAL auction, i.e., one that the target audience is fully aware of. And again, based on a study of the bid history. What were the two next lowest bids on the $280 Light Games? That's what you need to determine the value, not just the winning bid. And never consider buy-it-now sales (even with 'best offers'), or any reserve auction unless the item sells for a significant amount over the reserve (i.e., the reserve had no affect on the sale price). Those types of sales have no indication of a true value of a collectible. They might, by chance, be in the ball-park, but there's no way to even attempt to verify it unless you look at the history of other sales, and if you have that info you don't need the BIN or reserve sale anyway.

It is really hard to investigate a true value of a rare game, I've read many opinion about that. My two cents: I wouldn't treat an auction NORMAL if it get bids at the last minutes or even hours. The most used local auction site has a (paid) option to extend the auction by a few minutes if a late bid occours. It should be a default dehaviour for all auction, just as in a real one.
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this game is a bit rare but this price gives me a headache:

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/22.....1423.l2649
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270932315138
hyaki
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: BANDAI FL VFD Tabletop Space Guardian Gundam Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm opening auction for: BANDAI FL VFD Tabletop Space Guardian Gundam

check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270946950328

Thanks
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky to win this before unknown (for many big colectors) and ultra rare Morioka game. Most of you know the metal version but... there is a plastic version Very Happy :

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/2307585.....1497.l2649

Maby the "White Witch"game is also in a plastic version.

The instructions are in Arabic language
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggie wrote:
I was lucky to win this before unknown (for many big colectors) and ultra rare Morioka game. Most of you know the metal version but... there is a plastic version Very Happy :

Nice shot, except it turns my competed series to incomplete. Evil or Very Mad
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Coleco Head to Head Boxing with box and manual, 48 US States only due to lazyitis, I guess.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260995577676

Last edited by nicknicknickandnick on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kisember wrote:
Eggie wrote:

That is the reason to put it here.... so others know now that the serie is bigger. I only need the shark hunter game to complete this serie
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggie wrote:
kisember wrote:
Eggie wrote:

That is the reason to put it here.... so others know now that the serie is bigger. I only need the shark hunter game to complete this serie

Based on the image below I had a guess there may be a green game. Somehow they did not seems cool together, btw I expected a light green one.

Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice those pictures with fulle or near full series
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Coleco Space Blaster on ebay Reply with quote

There is a very rare Coleco Space Blaster up on ebay at the moment as per the link below. These don't come up very often at all.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VER.....500wt_1019
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really as rare (or valuable) as once thought. It was produced, and was sold in stores... I've seen several new-in-box ones come and go (even had one myself for a while). I just don't think it was a very popular toy, so it didn't last long (that's just a guess). But it's true you don't see them forsale very much.

I sold my boxed one for $20 last year...
Eggie
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxed A-team:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI.....ink:top:en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 74 of 95

Jump to: