The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official 'COOL ITEM ON EBAY!' thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bretthorror wrote:
What is the cheapest and most readily available tabletop that has an arcade bezel like that King Kong game? I'd like to get one just to have.

Depends on how much 'like that' you want it to be... That particular design is unique to the Tiger tabletops, and I think King Kong is the cheapest of those...

But, other games like the Coleco Arcades have a bezel around the display (Pac Man is likely the cheapest of those).

Q*Bert does too:
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/ParkerBros/QBert.htm
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the recent Coleco mini-clones.
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I link an expired auction to ask some info?

This should be a fairly rare game, and I thought the price was right:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261036161339

Then I did a search and found this old auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310393817069

Wow!! 16,60€ in box Shocked

I really wasted my money? Yes, I bought the first I've shown ... seemed like a good deal but maybe I had not informed enough. Sad

Sometimes I am too hasty. I believe that this is one.

(Sorry for my bad english)
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one boxed BIN for 20$, so I would say 49€ is too high. Try to get games in their native market. For most Mattels it is the Usa. So search on the com site. Most you find dont ship to the EU by default, but with asking, my experience is 50% ships to you after asking.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never look at BIN listing to determine value. They are never accurate. They are either far too high, or in the case of someone that doesn't know it's value, far too low.

$20 for a boxed Mattel Bowling is no where near it's value. Boxed it's worth $70-100 in decent condition, depending on the condition of the box. You got lucky with that one... Smile

Trashed box will be worth less, mint sealed probably a little more.

Loose, probably $30-40, again, depending on condition... The one you bought was probably a little on the high side... If it's in new-like condition it may not be too bad, but if shows a lot of signs of use, that price was probably a little high. But, depending on shipping costs, you might have come out about right vs buying a loose one in the US and having it shipped to Italy. International shipping from the US has gotten ridiculously expensive...

If you are really unsure about something, go directly to Ebay in each country, and search past auctions ( www.ebay.com , www.ebay.co.uk , www.ebay.de , www.ebay.it and www.ebay.fr at least) search them all separately, there doesn't seem to be any setting on eBay that will reliably pull the results from every country...

Looking at .com, there's two boxed Bowlings that sold for $70 and $78, in normal auction format. That's more of an accurate representation of it's current fair value.

Just remember, any BIN listing or listing with a starting price over $10 or $20 is not to be used as a basis for the game's value. They are almost never correct. If the value was accurate (or lower than it's value), the BIN listing wouldn't be sitting on eBay for months at a time.
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks to both.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Entex Select a Game Reply with quote

Entex Select a Game + Space Invaders game for $130 BIN
Missing it's overlay border

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ent.....500wt_1200
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Entex Select a Game Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
Entex Select a Game + Space Invaders game for $130 BIN
Missing it's overlay border

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ent.....500wt_1200

Missing the overlay border, missing the overlay, and missing both battery covers...

Last one in that condition sold for $39... It would need to be 100% complete to even be considered at $130... Neutral
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, didn't read the bit about the homemade battery cover. I wonder if that means only one cover is missing or both.

I bought one of these a while back , mine had both battery covers , the space invaders cart but was also missing the overlay cover and overlay.
It cost me around $9 . Shame you can't seem to find the overlay covers (not a surprise though). Anyone have a spare? (I know, it's unlikely)

It was one of my better picks as opposed to everything else that I seem to pay to much on.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I have a spare overlay, but I have printable .TIFs of them on the Select-a-Game page you can download. Print them to a transparency, it'll make a passable replica... Cool
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Select a Game didn't even last a day, someone bought it for $100.

That was quick.
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romtec Colorvision up on ebay.

IF your outside of the Canada or the US, then be prepared to be Arse raped on postage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-....._722wt_881
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
Romtec Colorvision up on ebay.
IF your outside of the Canada or the US, then be prepared to be Arse raped on postage.

Luckily for EUans, Colorvisions are cheapest worldwide in France.

I don't get those "professional" sellers on Ebay. If you do so, prepare to loose 1-2% of your orders in the mail, and cover it yourself without wining.

The US and Canada have very good low price surface mail options that are as fast and as reliable as the signatured air stuff. Do you really think they still load a small package onto a BOAT? It's just like with Airplane seats. The Priority travels business class on the first flight, the cheap one on a bad loaded late evening flight. Even if you DO use signature mail, you can't check whether mail arrived intercontinental, as they don't return delivery information, and filing claims at postal firms is horror.

So please Ebay DICKS, look at the Etsy CHICKS. They are WAY MORE FRIENDLY, WAY CHEAPER AND DON'T SEE OVERSEE BUYERS AS CRIMINALS.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the US does not have a surface mail option for anything that would be larger than what the UK calls a 'small packet'. Small packet might just hold a loose Nintendo Game & Watch or two. Nothing as large as a Colorvision though. Those would be airmail only.

_Anything_ larger than that, and airmail is _required_. Requiring signatures and such adds to the cost, but the base price is like $30 for the smallest package...
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience is different Rik.
here I have a 1/2 foot square box, with a $11.60 price sticker, no signature or whatsoever.
Got a Vanity Fair Bowling, not the smallest, in box, for 19$ shipping.
MS Pac from Canada: 17 C$.
Most stuff I buy is shipped in the 10-20$ range. Which I consider very reasonable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 76 of 95

Jump to: