The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official 'COOL ITEM ON EBAY!' thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elepla wrote:
This price is quite right for a MIB copy of an Entex Crazy Climber. And this auction was for US only bidders (so less bidders).

Yeah, I'd have to agree that is quite a fair price for it... Normally I'd guess a boxed CC would be in the $250-300 range if the game/box are in decent shape. Up to $500 for a truly mint box with an unused game.

Although considering the control panel wear, battery corrosion and possible non-functional state of the game (with batteries at least), I suspect the bidder was after the box more than anything...
FrankBlack
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was me asking about the box ... lol. But I didn't bid on it, wasn't going to pay that much for a box.
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a collection of this and that for people that have a source of money to burn.
I wonder what the offer was that was declined.

The seller has some other thousand dollar plus BIN best offer listings.

p.s. get out your charge cards and pay for it later when your boat comes in to port Yessss!
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameHoarder wrote:
Here is a collection of this and that for people that have a source of money to burn.
I wonder what the offer was that was declined.

The seller has some other thousand dollar plus BIN best offer listings.

p.s. get out your charge cards and pay for it later when your boat comes in to port Yessss!

I reply with this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/121064017825
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a large interesting collection. How much is that in U.S.D.?

I have a rather large collection of video game and related items from Tomy pocket games to console game systems, children's learning systems and other game, electronic toy related items that I have well over $50,000.00 U.S. invested in with most of it bought at bargain prices.

I suppose I will have to sell it some day in the future when it's time.

It is FUN to collect interesting things Smile
But the thought of selling gives me a headache Shocked
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameHoarder wrote:
That is a large interesting collection. How much is that in U.S.D.?

That _is_ in USD... He wants a half million for the collection... (You can also always change a foreign eBay link to 'ebay . com' and get it in the US site.)

GameHoarder wrote:
I have a rather large collection of video game and related items from Tomy pocket games to console game systems, children's learning systems and other game, electronic toy related items that I have well over $50,000.00 U.S. invested in with most of it bought at bargain prices.

I'm pretty sure in the history of eBay not a single one of these 'huge collections' or 'Every game made for the system' with BINs of $20,000+ has every actually sold... The people are usually just listing them for publicity and a little fame when the auction gets posted on every forum in existence... It's basically just a way to show if your collection.

If I wanted to show my handheld collection to a LOT of gamers for whatever reason, the easiest way to do it would be to list it on eBay with a $250,000 BIN and post a bunch of pictures. My collection would instantly be shown on nearly every gaming forum/blog on the internet... I suppose it is a great way to show off.

No one that collects games seems to have 10's of thousands of dollars (or more) sitting around to blow on them... Smile I mean, if you were to buy your collection now, all at once, could you afford $50,000 to do it?

If you are serious about selling the items, you will have to list them separately, or in fairly small lots. Which is a pretty daunting task, especially if you have to do it fast for some reason.
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:

"No one that collects games seems to have 10's of thousands of dollars (or more) sitting around to blow on them... Smile I mean, if you were to buy your collection now, all at once, could you afford $50,000 to do it?"

GameHoarder wrote:

It is tough raising a BIG stash of CA$H even for guys like Donald Trump and John DeLorean when a "GREAT DEAL" is available.

I bought my collections a bit like the Johnny Cash song about the car that he got one piece at a time and it didn't cost him a dime. I had to spend a bit of pocket change and a few folding bills here and there. But I did get a item or box full now and then for free when someone wanted rid of it and knew that I would want it Very Happy

Rik wrote:

"If you are serious about selling the items, you will have to list them separately, or in fairly small lots. Which is a pretty daunting task, especially if you have to do it fast for some reason."

GameHoarder wrote:

That is the part that can cause a headache thinking about it as selling is work how ever you go about it.

I have wondered and put some thought into the BEST ways of how I would "unload" my collections and such if for some reason I HAD TO quickly. Like a doctor would tell me that I only had so long to live or such unexpected troubles.

I haven't come up with a "great answer" for that question as of yet. Still thinking on it now and then

Wink
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jethro wrote:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/121064017825

Anyway ...
Someone has offered USD 550.000,00

Who offers more? Smile
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameHoarder wrote:
I have wondered and put some thought into the BEST ways of how I would "unload" my collections and such if for some reason I HAD TO quickly. Like a doctor would tell me that I only had so long to live or such unexpected troubles.

I haven't come up with a "great answer" for that question as of yet. Still thinking on it now and then

Yeah, it's the packing and shipping part that really sucks... And to get someone to do that for you would cost you about 50% of your profits...

It's too bad game collectors are spread all over the world, you could just do a well-publicized live auction, payment required the day of sale and you walk out with your winnings... Razz

Jethro wrote:
Jethro wrote:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/121064017825

Anyway ...
Someone has offered USD 550.000,00

Who offers more? Smile

Yeah, by someone with their feedback to set to private and has retracted multiple bids in the last 6 months... I guess it's better than a 0-feedback bidder with an account created yesterday, but probably not by much. Rolling Eyes There's several forums where people are commenting that no one that collects video games has that kind of money and the seller must be insane if he thinks it will sell... He probably had someone place a bid on it just to try to prove them all wrong...

I suppose if the quantity/quality/value of the individual items is significantly higher than the opening bid, it could be worth it as a business opportunity. Buy it all, and then sell it individually for a profit... But like the comments above, that's a LOT of work... (And you still need the 1/2 mill to start with...)
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik is more than probably right, whenever these auctions come up, the opinion on every forum I visit is that it is an advertising ploy.

They never ever seem to be sold.

There is a guy who yearly lists a pinball/cab collection(100's) for sale for a huge amount. It's just advertising for his store.
kisember
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
Rik is more than probably right, whenever these auctions come up, the opinion on every forum I visit is that it is an advertising ploy.

They never ever seem to be sold.

There is a guy who yearly lists a pinball/cab collection(100's) for sale for a huge amount. It's just advertising for his store.

Don't you guys remember this listing just half a year before? The auction info is still available.
blanka wrote:
GameWatchGuy wrote:
Hi.
Here' one. And it sold!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA.....0736846867

~John

Does the seller have the money yet. Read about it and that he was still waiting. Probably impossible for PayPal to handle that, and I wonder if it goes under Buyer Protection Mr. Green

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kisember wrote:

Don't you guys remember this listing just half a year before? The auction info is still available.

Yep, another example of people doing this. I don't believe it's the same person (the new one is in Italy isn't it? While the old one is in France...)

Seems the new one has been pulled from eBay for some reason... I didn't read the listing, did he have prototypes listed? Trying to think of why eBay would have killed it...
FrankBlack
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fun of collecting is getting one or a few pieces at a time. When you splurge like that kind of takes thrill of the hunt away, not to mention your life's savings.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listed a couple lots on ebay. They end in 20 hours. Meant to post the links earlier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140915.....1555.l2649

I'm realizing I will never finish selling my extra games unless I start bundling. I know the value goes down, but I have too much to list. I just sorted and identified about 100 more small handhelds/game watches.

In March I will start listing more handhelds than NES games. Will probably start bundling some of the NES also.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did everyone get a load of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111015513612

MIB Mattel Auto Race fetching $425!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 88 of 95

Jump to: