The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official 'COOL ITEM ON EBAY!' thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcoleiro1
Tiger Jawbreaker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Did everyone get a load of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111015513612

MIB Mattel Auto Race fetching $425!

Seems suspicous, I bought a boxed Auto race in very good nick (not mint) a few months ago for about $40 on ebay. Looking at the bidders on that auction it says it was a private auction so you can't see the bidders - suspicous IMO
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sealed Scrabble Lexor, circa 1980, USA shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181088502647
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vcoleiro1 wrote:
Dan wrote:
Did everyone get a load of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111015513612

MIB Mattel Auto Race fetching $425!

Seems suspicous, I bought a boxed Auto race in very good nick (not mint) a few months ago for about $40 on ebay. Looking at the bidders on that auction it says it was a private auction so you can't see the bidders - suspicous IMO

Yeah, I generally avoid sellers that make the bidder list private... There's very few legit reasons to do that now that eBay hides the full identity anyway, and it's the perfect way to hide shilling activity. But it could be just two fanatics bidding on it. Cool

Still, it is in nearly mint, apparently unused condition, and it's the original big-box version, so it is the most sought-after version in very nice condition. At a quick glance at past auctions, there's only been one other boxed one (that sold for $76), but not nearly as nice. The only thing I think is missing is the plastic baggie the game was wrapped in (I'm pretty sure they were all wrapped in a bag originally).
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems overpriced.
At October 2010, I paid 36€ (about USD 47) for my Auto Race:

https://picasaweb.google.com/103371311893432464991/AUTORACEMattelElectronics1977LED9VoltModel9879?authuser=0&feat=directlink
(The video in this album is not mine, the photos are mine.)

Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jethro wrote:
It seems overpriced.
At October 2010, I paid 36€ (about USD 47) for my Auto Race:

Yeah, it still seems over priced, but the difference from a 'nice' boxed game, and a mint to nearly-mint first edition style boxed (with the styrofoam inserts) can make a huge difference. It's nicer than any of my Auto Race games, and it would be nice to have a new-condition one and completely check it off the 'must have' list... Cool But I wouldn't pay $400+ for it... $200 sure, but not as high as this went, but that just might be me... Now, if it had never been opened, that's another story...

That makes a huge difference- a sealed game and one the seller has opened for any reason. I'd pay $600+ for any of the Coleco Arcade games if the game is still _sealed_ in it's box (except Pac-Man, got that one covered), preferably the box design where the lid is completely glued shut. You can just never find them that way. The few that I've seen of Donkey Kong or Frogger (I think) on eBay the seller claims that they 'only opened the box to test the game'. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Damn it! Quit opening the sealed boxes!!! Rolling Eyes That's the difference in selling it for $150-200 and $600+ right there... Same thing with warehouse finds of unopened cases of games. I'll pay more for a sealed case of games than you will get for selling the games individually. But people just rip them open, open the individual games to 'test' them, and then sell them as 'New, mint'. Sorry, if your fingers have been on the game, it's no longer 'NEW'... Razz
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand what you say.

But I want to play with my toys Wink ... they will never be "new, sealed." Mr. Green
GameHoarder
Entex Crazy Climber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself like to open and check to see whats inside SOME "sealed" systems I get. I don't pay much for most of the items I buy and I don't worry much about the "value increase" that might be possible leaving them sealed.

I leave games that I buy that are sealed that way unless the plastic shrink wrap is damaged to a point that it really doesn't matter much. Some of those I have opened if I didn't have a open game of it. I know that some people will "re-shrink wrap" some games. I understand that most times a "expert" can tell if the shrink wrap "may be" original or not.

A few years back I bought a Limited Edition Game Boy Color system from a seller in Turkey that had cases of these systems. The auction claimed that they were opened by Nintendo and had the old shrink wrapped batteries taken out and a new set of shrink wrapped batteries put back in the package and then the system boxes were resealed. When I received that system I opened it carefully, tested the system and removed the replacement batteries from the package as I saw no good reason to leave them in the package.

My mailman found the packaging the system arrived in interesting and entertaining. The system box was well protected with extra cardboard and then wrapped in black faced bubble wrapping with tape. I wonder what many Postal employes thought may be in a package like that from Turkey Shocked

I also think of a comedy movie where a guy buys a SONY TV in the box from some cons pretending to be junkie types and the one "junkie" acts like he is overdosing. So the guy runs down the steps of the tenement and drops the boxed TV and a couple of cement blocks and packing peanuts come flying out Wink
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jethro wrote:
Yes, I understand what you say.

But I want to play with my toys Wink ... they will never be "new, sealed." Mr. Green

Oh yeah, me too... But I'm both a player and an 'archivist'. If I get a vintage game still sealed, I will _never_ open it (unless there's batteries packed in it, then you have to). If it's a game I want to play, I'll have to buy another one. Finding 'new, sealed' games from the 70s and early 80s is rare enough as it is, it's really a shame to destroy that collectible nature of it when you can easily just buy a loose one to play with. Plus, playing with a never played with game is something I'd never be able to do either. Smile That might just be me though... I'm always willing to trade an opened game for a sealed one if you are just going to open it anyway... Cool

As for shrink-wrap, almost none of the games I collect were ever shrink wrapped from the factory. They were either glued shut or taped shut (or in some cases just closed like a normal box). But once you open them you do minor damage to the box that's easy to detect. Also, the games on the inside are frequently taped in plastic bags, and putting batteries in a game scratches the battery compartment and the metal contacts.

Any game I have in a sealed condition that I really want to play, I have at least two of. I have over 1000 different games though, as much as I like playing them, I really don't play them _all_. Razz
Jethro
Gakken Dig Dug

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.it/itm/251243037552

From Handheld Museum page:
A color flip-open LCD game based on the Smurf characters (which were called Schlumpf or Schtroumpf in other countries). The color flip-type games used exterior back-lighting for the display, and they are incredibly rare (I only know of one copy of most of them in the hands of collectors).
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Adventurevsion Reply with quote

ebay is offering free listings for fixed priced auctions so I'm going to list my AV items that way. I don't necessarily expect them to sell at the list price, but at least I will get some visibility on them.

Plus I'm always surprised at what people are willing to pay. May list as auction afterwards, but seeing that AV go for $988 earlier makes me a bit greedy. Don't put my items on ridiculous listings. That's just embarrassing.

Embarassed

Regards,
Linda
blanka
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small request: please put Ebay links in this thread from the original site. So not a French listing as ebay.it.
elepla
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121081588184

very nice set of Coleco parts!

Seller has been collecting since the 90s. I bought some games from him back in the early days.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ebay is offering free listings for fixed priced auctions so I'm going to list my AV items that way. I don't necessarily expect them to sell at the list price, but at least I will get some visibility on them.

OK, now that this sold within hours of me listing it, I wish I would have listed for more. Oh well, I thought it was a fair price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140936.....1561.l2649

Wonder if he would like 3 sealed games for $1000. Smile

Regards,
Linda
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, nice sale! One of them wasn't working, right? I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised you get that much for them, so I definitely wouldn't complain. Mr. Green I would expect two working ones to sell for that maybe... The buyer probably figures it'll be easy to fix (and it might be)... Demand seems to be increasing for these.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Damn, nice sale! One of them wasn't working, right? I have to admit, I'm kind of surprised you get that much for them, so I definitely wouldn't complain. Mr. Green I would expect two working ones to sell for that maybe... The buyer probably figures it'll be easy to fix (and it might be)... Demand seems to be increasing for these.

I've had a couple people contact me saying if the buyer didn't pay, they would offer me more. Will be interesting see how much the broken AV on ebay now goes for. It's already almost at $400.

Got two offers of $1000 and one for $750 for the three cartridges. These things are becoming scarce. I realized I bought these 8 -10 years ago. Haven't seen sealed games in many years, but then again I haven't been looking.

Regards,
Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 89 of 95

Jump to: