The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HELP!!!! Epoch Digit-Com 9 Baseball not working!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mammer90
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: HELP!!!! Epoch Digit-Com 9 Baseball not working!! Reply with quote

Hey there. I just received an epoch digit-com baseball on ebay today and I was so excited to play it again. Game looks pretty darn good, no pitching cover but everything else box included. I put the batteries in, powers on no problem. I pitch the ball, no problem. As soon as you pitch, it sounds like a swing is made simultaneously and then you can not hit the batter or bunt buttons because game thinks you already swung. It happens every time!!! I can pitch but can not hit, making the game pretty useless. I was so happy to get this and it does not work!! Seller on ebay did not mention anything like this and said the game is in good condition. What should I do?? Does anyone know how to fix one of these? I opened the game up and checked for burnt solder points, but really did not see any. It looks pretty clean inside. I am not great with tracing leads, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix these things. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!![/b]
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the Batter or Bunt button might be stuck down. I forget what the inside of this game looks like, but if you can the rubber button contacts off the game completely, make sure the contacts on the board itself are clean. Also, try playing the game with it apart like this and see if the 'Swing' sound still happens.

I but it's just a stuck button or crossed wire making the game thing you hit one of the swing buttons the instant a ball is pitched.

Rik
mammer90
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
It sounds like the Batter or Bunt button might be stuck down. I forget what the inside of this game looks like, but if you can the rubber button contacts off the game completely, make sure the contacts on the board itself are clean. Also, try playing the game with it apart like this and see if the 'Swing' sound still happens.

I but it's just a stuck button or crossed wire making the game thing you hit one of the swing buttons the instant a ball is pitched.

Rik

Hey there. I took the game apart yesterday when I got it. I took the rubber contacts off and then turned the game on with the buttons off. Everything looks pretty clean under the buttons. I can send you pics of the game opened if you want. I played it with it apart and as soon as you press the pitching buttons, the swing sound (lower pitched beep) happens. I can try cleaning the contacts with an eraser and putting alcohol on the contacts. I will not be able to fiddle with it until later today. Will let you know. Any other ideas would be helpful.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, send me a pic of the game board (I just forget what it looks like... Mine's in storage). Something has to be telling the game you've pressed a swing button, so there's got to be a bad contact somewhere... I guess it could be a circuit short of some kind, but there's just so few circuits in these games that usually isn't the case...

Rik
mammer90
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik wrote:
Yeah, send me a pic of the game board (I just forget what it looks like... Mine's in storage). Something has to be telling the game you've pressed a swing button, so there's got to be a bad contact somewhere... I guess it could be a circuit short of some kind, but there's just so few circuits in these games that usually isn't the case...

Rik

Cool. I will probably get to it tomorrow. Will try to clean it as well. Thanks again
mammer90
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rik. I sent you some pics via yahoo. Let me know if you see anything. Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: