The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Coleco tabletops have a terminal illness...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArugulaZ
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: My Coleco tabletops have a terminal illness... Reply with quote

...a battery terminal illness, that is. The terminals from the Donkey Kong tabletop were coated with rust, and the terminals from the Ms. Pac-Man tabletop... well, they ARE rust. I've been looking all over the web for suitable replacements but have yet to find any. What would you guys suggest? Would small squares of strip metal with springs soldered to them be enough to get the job done, or should I look for a less jury-rigged solution?
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try going to a Radio Shack or other electronics store and buying a C-Cell battery carrier and take it apart (just a plastic thing that holds 2 or 4 batteries that you can wire up to something). That will give you nice springs ready to go... It might take a little creative work to get them in the game (since I think they will be revited into the battery carrier), but I've used them to replace battery terminals before without too much difficulty.

You might also try finding a really common game that takes C-cell batteries and just take the terminals out of those...

Collecting tip: NEVER throw any games away! If you do, at least take all the battery terminals first. You never know when you might need a spare!

Rik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: