The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Maxtron Football Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagle's Wings
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Maxtron Football Game Reply with quote

I just bought a little handheld football game, and it says it's made by Maxtron. The museum has a picture of it under 'unknown manufacturers'. Mine is exactly the same, but clearly says Maxtron on the back. I've researched Maxtron, and from what I can find, the only company that goes by that name is 2themax that sometimes sell things under the name Maxtron. Doesn't say anything about them ever making video games, though. Just motherboards and stuff. Here's the pic you have:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Unknown/FB.htm

It's the top one and this is the only site I can find with any reference to it at all. Any help with what this is would be great. Thanks.
nicknicknickandnick
Bandai FL Burgertime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it was a usually uncredited company somewhere in Asia. The football game also appears with the same shape of buttons but different case as a Tandy game, and Tandy was the sort of company that had other companies make their branded products. I wonder if the Tandy corporation or whatever it is called now has records of the manufacturer.
Eagle's Wings
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I don't know. It was an Asian company, though. Or something like that. The game says Made in Hong Kong, and the thing I found said that most of 2themax/Maxtron's stuff came out of Hong Kong.
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also find this game under the toytronic name. They are from Hong Kong also, but their parent company Haskamp had offices in NY.

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Toytronic/Football.htm

I have this game in a few different forms. I think three total. I noticed one has a small power jack on the side and the others do not.

Maxtron sounds familiar, but I'm not sure from where.

Linda
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our forum Eagle's Wings. You state that one of your interests in 'frozen coffee' . Is that exactly what it sounds like or does it mean something else in the USA? Is it eaten like a lolly?

Neil.
Eagle's Wings
Tomy Blip

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting about the game. I suppose this one just happened to be sold to Maxtron. Hmm...Maybe it's rare. I think I'll try to sell it. Very Happy

Frozen coffee...they are just like they sound...pretty much. They are served in a cup with a straw, like anything else, but the ice for the drink is blended (finely crushed) to a very fine consistency. Like a smoothie, or Icee, if you've ever had one. It's a very smooth, frozen/liquid coffee. For a regular frozen coffee, it's the same as regular hot coffee, just cold and icy like I said above. Most people add some kind of flavoring, though, such as chocolate or caramel. And you usually put whipped cream on top. Wow, that's harder to explain than I thought. They've become somewhat of a rage where I live, and I've fallen for them and become addicted. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Handheld Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: