The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
About 60 handhelds for auction right now

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riffraff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: About 60 handhelds for auction right now Reply with quote

Sorry I got here a bit late, but I'm currently auctioning about 60 different handhelds at the moment on ebay. Thought you guys might want to have a look. 3 days left on most of them, 5 days left on a few others. Most started at .99 (some still have no bids). Anyways, have a look and maybe you see something you like.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZriffraff666QQhtZ-1
Neil UK
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got a nice collection of games there Riffraff Smile . I think a few of our members would also be interested in your Atari Pepsi Invaders game!

Good luck with your sales,

Neil.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, didn't even see Pepsi Invaders...

I posted that to the Digital Press forum, those guys'll like it...

(www.digitpress.com)

Rik
riffraff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about 8 hours left on most of these.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice unused 2600 boxes too... I love the SwordQuest boxes... Esp Waterworld.

Cool stuff. Are you selling off a collection, or just thinning things out?

Rik
riffraff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unused boxes are all being auctioned off. I'll have none of those left.

I've been putting up the uber-rare stuff from my 2600 collection because my money situation is bad. I probably will sell the rest of the 2600 over time. Intv, Coleco and 5200 probably to follow.

There's still a few less-than-stellar handhelds up that I found in another box a day after the main batch went up, so there's still a day left on those.

I can't beleive the World Championship Baseball and Football only went for $5 each. Someone got a really nice deal unless something happened to the rarity of those games over the last 10 years that I don't know about.
Dan
Atari Cosmos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riffraff wrote:
I can't beleive the World Championship Baseball and Football only went for $5 each. Someone got a really nice deal unless something happened to the rarity of those games over the last 10 years that I don't know about.

They are very cool games, but for some reason there never seems to be much interest in them.
Rik
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they've died in value. Back in 2000/2001 I paid between $40-70 for boxed ones. Then in 2004 I sold a boxed on of each for $16 each, and bought a brand new-in-box one of each for $9.99 each...

I think 7 or 8 years ago no one really remembered the game, and it was all new and rare... Over the years, more and more have turned up forsale, so their value has steadily dropped... That's actually happened to a lot of the Mattel sports games. I think it's just because they made so many of them...

Rik
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we say here in Italy,I'm taking the ball while it's bouncing, to say that I agree with what Rik's saying.
I',ve been noticing ,say the last 6 months ,a BIG drop in games prices,from common games, which went unsold or sold for ridicusly low prices to the rarest games which I could get for a lot less money than I expected.Of course as I'm building my collection this has been a good thing.But it worries me about the fact that this kind of games can't seem to get some interests outside the enthusists niche.As an example ,I've been trying to sell my spare games here in Italy ,and I found several collectors that I invited to join this forum ,but they were a handfull!!!And we are talking about Italy, 60 milions of people and the 6th or 7th economy in the world!!I really don't want to end up collecting something like old games that only elderly people remember and buy to revamp memories!! Sad

Alex
blue6demon
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The videogame industry is huge, i can't believe that our hobby will just go down like that. It's history is still quite young, but in maybe 20 years a lot of youngsters will want to know how it was when it began. That's the way i see it, because videogaming is not about to die, pretty far from it.

Also i look at toy collectors, most of them are collecting toys from the 30's-40's-50's-60's, so i guess our turn will come up !

And i think we also have a certain responsability in there, we should talk about everywhere we can, show that collection to anyone (gee i'm saying this ???). Have a show on TV that show's one of us with his collection etc...

But you're rigth guys some prices are really going down ! It may be temporary !

Pat
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: