The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What would it take to get you to sell/trade a RARE game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: What would it take to get you to sell/trade a RARE game? Reply with quote

I know we all have games that we plan to be buried with, but what would it take for you to sell or trade your rare games. Seriously. I really want to know. I've offered as much as $3500 for a single rare game and been laughed at by the owner. Sure hope I didn't insult anyone. Very Happy I was surprised when Rik said he might consider selling his AV for 5 figures. I was sure he'd be buried with that. So it got me to thinking...

1. What game do you plan to be buried with? You can only chose one.

2. What rare 5 games do you want the most?

3. What do you think the top 5 rare and desirable games are? They may not be on your want list, but in general what do you think they are?

4. What would it take for you to sell or trade your rare games?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So here are my answers to the questions above.
1. I'll be buried with a Coleco pacman. It's not rare, but it was true love from the start. Did I ever mention how I could turn it over twice on the first man? I was so sweet back in the day!

2. I'd give a lot for these. Boxed Rosy Space King, Boxed Pucki& Monsters Tabletop, Boxed Tiger Space invaders Tabletop, Boxed King Kong flip-type tabletop, and a Boxed Mr. Digger. I would swap the Boxed mr. Digger if a Tiger Starcastle tabletop ever surfaces.

3. Any Boxed Tiger Tabletop (flip or standard), Boxed Rosy Space King, boxed Super mario bros promotional GW, any boxed Romtec games (cosmic invaders, pucki monsters, frog prince)and of course Entex Adventurevision. I might swap the Romtec games with a Rare boxed pocketsize nintendo game watch or boxed defender strikes.

4. Probably wouldn't ever sell my rarest ones, but I would trade them for equally rare games that are higher on my want list or even maybe for slightly less rare games if it was a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 swap.

Regards,
Linda

BTW, I have several extremely rare games (<5 known ) I want to trade, but I need something extremely rare in exchange. Drop me a PM if you are interested.
tanatron
Gakken Moon Patrol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here I go :

1)I wont be buried but cremated,probably 50 or 60 years from now!.Anyway it will burn with me the Mattel Football because that is really a part of me.

2) AV-AV-AV-AV-AV but not just an AV......I want to find one at under $100.00 bucks.THIS WILL BE RARE!!Beside those 5 ( Laughing ) I'm getting a hangover about Japanese games,so every strange,old ,rare game from Japan that has those colourful and exotic boxes.

3)Ok, I've been in this world for a year and a half, and I found some games that even Linda, Rik ,Pat and Dan NEVER SAW.So this list is quite discretional.Obviously the games that Linda pointed out are the rarest.But to go agaist the common thinking I' think the right answer is THE ONES NOBODY HAS EVER THOUGHT OF EVER BEEN PRODUCED.Discovering one gives you a real satisfaction. See for example the Toytronic Hockey or the Unknown manufacturere Interceptor game. If you got money to spend even the rarest can becom the easiest to find!

4) Being at my full strengh in my early forties I'll say..........SEX! No sales ,no trades just plain good old sex! With my WIFE!!What were you thinking?? Twisted Evil As of now nothing would make me sell what I got!I'm still enjoing searching and discovering games.I wake up at night to follow my auctions!

Alex
mario101
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanatron wrote:
4) Being at my full strengh in my early forties I'll say..........SEX! No sales ,no trades just plain good old sex! With my WIFE!!What were you thinking?? Twisted Evil As of now nothing would make me sell what I got!I'm still enjoing searching and discovering games.I wake up at night to follow my auctions!

Alex

ha ha... Mr. Green
loporjai2003
Mattel Football

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What would it take to get you to sell/trade a RARE game? Reply with quote

Linda wrote:
... I've offered as much as $3500 for a single rare game and been laughed at by the owner. Sure hope I didn't insult anyone. Very Happy

Mind if I ask what game you offered for or is that privvy ?
For that price, I'd expect a mint AV!

Oh and I am new to the forums so hi to all !
Linda
Adventure Vision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it wasn't an AV, I bought my AV new in box with three sealed games for $2500 a few years back.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The www.HandheldMuseum.com Forum Forum Index -> Games forsale All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: